Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a set of 20s for my truck and came across a guy who has a set of Platinum 22s from a 2017 Escalade. Reading here, it seems that there may be a issue with rubbing as it does have Michelin 285 45 22s mounted. I have replaced every suspension component up front within the last two years so I am not too concerned with worn components causing issues. My question is, if these do rub, where would they rub at? Are we talking about the plastic wheel well were I can get creative with the dremmel or do they rub against the steering/suspension components? My existing chrome 17s are just about done and are really peeling real bad so they are going o be my winter beater tires. Worst case, would a set of 275 45 22s mounted work better?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 ESV
763 Posts
Check post #6 in this thread. They are factory replica 22" wheels, with a 31mm offset.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was searching for 03 Escalade and not 02 so this did not pop up.

This is good info, much thanks.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Through a series of trades and barters, I ended up scoring some Silverado 22s that are in immaculate shape. A few days later I found a used set of 285 45 22 Hanooks with 11k from a flooded late model Navigator for 200 bucks. Had my mechanic mount and balance everything and he said the tires are virtually brand new and the rims had no bends or cracks and were in excellent shape. The truck still drives great as I don't feel too much more road feedback going from OEM 17s to OEM 22s. Last year I did however do an entire front suspension refresh and a new set of rear air shocks so the truck has been riding really well. I'm keeping the 17s for the winter because Chicago winters are brutal on wheels. I'm shopping for some Cadillac 3.25 in center caps or ill just do some blank chrome caps as I haven't decided as of yet.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No rubbing but it does come pretty close to the inside of the front bumper. It clears by 1/4in with no issues.

·
Registered
04 Escalade ESV
4 Posts
Just wanted to say this was an extremely timely thread for me. I was looking at a set of these exact wheels and wondering if they would fit and was super glad to see yours did and went ahead and swooped them up. Thanks for posting!

This set happened to be off a 2020 Escalade and I think the style of them is really well suited to the second gen. I’m super pleased with them.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome. Huge fan of the big chromes on black look. Always classy looking and mean at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts