Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was down at the rim shop last weekend shopping for some new rims for my 2000 ETC and I seen another ETC in black with some 22" Lowenhart LD1's on it. It looked sick. I went back the next day and bought a set of Oasis Ludacris 22's and had them bolted on. I was driving to the store yesterday backing into a parking spot and I noticed that whenever I turn the wheels to the far left or far right they rub the back part of the top of the wheel well. They have spacers on them so they dont rub the inner fenders. Is there any way to raise the suspension on these vehicles and still keep the ride quality?

·
Registered
586 Posts
In the words of Jesse James:

"anyone who puts 22 inch wheels on their car without upgrading their brakes is a freaking idiot."

I hope you upgraded the brakes. When you put wheels that big on the rotating mass is waaaay too much for the stock brakes to handle.

Do you have pics so we can all see how they look?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Jay...I was just about to come in with that quote !

All I have to say is...are you NUTS? Your Cadillac is about distinction and Style, and adding dub-twos is just plain distracting. Plus, those dinky brakes will stick out like a sore thumb thus further detracting your car's elegance. But hey, maybe with some picture posts, it'll look nice. Don't shoot me down yet.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
20 will look fine...why would u want to make a beautiful ETC a monstrosity wth 22's? those are meant for SUVS, not cars.

·
Registered
253 Posts
semiauto said:
I was down at the rim shop last weekend shopping for some new rims for my 2000 ETC and I seen another ETC in black with some 22" Lowenhart LD1's on it. It looked sick. I went back the next day and bought a set of Oasis Ludacris 22's and had them bolted on. I was driving to the store yesterday backing into a parking spot and I noticed that whenever I turn the wheels to the far left or far right they rub the back part of the top of the wheel well. They have spacers on them so they dont rub the inner fenders. Is there any way to raise the suspension on these vehicles and still keep the ride quality?
Contrary to what Ludacris says, you CAN lose with 22s. And I think he was talking about an Escalade, bro. Your car probably looks like a rollerskate. Staple some fat laces to the hood and I'll meet you at the rink. :histeric: I apologise. I was just funnin'. Please get some pics if you can - maybe my opinion is ill-conceived, but 22's on just about any car sounds ridiculous. And as for ride quality, kiss it goodbye unless you plan on bagging it. Your tires must be almost paper thin.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
beemer2k said:
Contrary to what Ludacris says, you CAN lose with 22s. And I think he was talking about an Escalade, bro. Your car probably looks like a rollerskate. Staple some fat laces to the hood and I'll meet you at the rink. :histeric: I apologise. I was just funnin'. Please get some pics if you can - maybe my opinion is ill-conceived, but 22's on just about any car sounds ridiculous. And as for ride quality, kiss it goodbye unless you plan on bagging it. Your tires must be almost paper thin.
bye bye gas mileage tooo

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Id say 19s or 20s would be the max for an ETC.... 17 or 18 being about the best IMO.....

BTW, youve probably already KILLED your ride quality by adding the 22s....

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bet it looks clean, i have 20s on my sts but would have gotten the 21" giovanna dramas if it werent for the fact i wanted spinners. i was scared of the problem you have or else i would have gotten 22" spinners. a lot of the people on this site like the classic look of the cadillacs and dont really like modifying the appearance too much. i know im not answering you question but i thought a little positive feedback would be nice. 22s on a two door?!?! probably making all other etcs look dumb. hopefully the rubbing is an easy fix. my boy had an 86 monte ss on 22 inch spokes. at first he couldnt make turns but they beat in the wheel well but he still couldnt make u turns anymore

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Hmm.... I don't know if it will work, but you could try modifying the height position sensors. It may make the car ride higher.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your help all but I decided that the car had this "ghetto monster truck" look to it so I solved the problem by buying some Lowenhart LD1's with spinners as a replacement and trading in the Oasis rims on them. Ill have some pics as soon as I get the car back from the paint shop.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
How is it you are 17 and have had 3 cadillacs, and your main one has spinners and is getting a paint jobl.... Id like to hear your secret!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work alot. I do custom car multimedia, have been doin it since I was 15. Its good money and I use my cars to show off my skills.

·
Registered
85 Posts
did you take any pics when the 22s were on? 22s look perfect on 94-96 imps, my 20s look a little small to me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rims shop did I think. I will swing by there tomorrow to see if I can get a copy of them. It looked totally ghetto, kinda like it was untastefully put together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts