Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,084 Posts
Will 22s fit on my 1990 cadillac fleetwood fwd?
========================
the CORRECT answer is NO -

the original tire has a diameter of 26" -
to stick a 22" donk wheel on it -
you'd have to find a 215mm wide tire with a 2" tall sidewall -

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,005 Posts
..... and he must retain the original tire outside diameter or ABS, traction, and stability codes and messages set due to the incorrect wheel speed signals.

Your wheels are monitored for correct speed. The proper (OEM) tire outside diameter is what determines that signal.

A larger OD tire makes less revolutions per mile= decreased wheel speed = speedo error.
A smaller OD tire makes more revolutions per mile = increased wheel speed = speedo error.

·
Registered
91 Fltwd Coupe (93 Regal Coupe & 90 LSC SE)
426 Posts
I also own a '93 Buick Regal Limited coupe which originally had the same sized tires as your Cadillac (205/70/15) and someone on YouTube managed to get 22s on their Buick Regal sedan of the same era. Better question is; why would you want to? With the styling of such cars it just doesn't good look and the thinner tires don't do any favors for the ride quality. I recently put bigger 16s (225/60/16) on the Buick and everything works fine and in my case the ride, comfort, throttle response, and braking improved but even just going up an inch in rim and the slightly larger tire I'm somewhat second guessing the look. The difference in speed is neglagable; at 100 MPH the car is actually doing 101 MPH.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts