Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 AWD 2013
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22ple VX1 Pro is one of these new coatings (nano/glass/whatever) so I thought I would give it a shot.
I foam gunned, then washed, the qd'ed and then finally an IPA wipe down (Isopropal Alcohol and water 20% concentration). The IPA is to get all the oils and what not off the paint to allow the coating to cure and seal.

Any how. I did small sections at a time - cures in 3-4 minutes then buffed off. I needs to cure for 4-5 hours initally then it will cure over 5 days but it can be washed and get rained on after the first 4-5 hours.

Here are some shots -

·
Registered
2013 ATS
116 Posts
glenroebuck said:
22ple VX1 Pro is one of these new coatings (nano/glass/whatever) so I thought I would give it a shot.
I foam gunned, then washed, the qd'ed and then finally an IPA wipe down (Isopropal Alcohol and water 20% concentration). The IPA is to get all the oils and what not off the paint to allow the coating to cure and seal.

Any how. I did small sections at a time - cures in 3-4 minutes then buffed off. I needs to cure for 4-5 hours initally then it will cure over 5 days but it can be washed and get rained on after the first 4-5 hours.

Here are some shots -
Looks good! Great job! Looks like glass.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD
105 Posts
That looks beautiful. I have already waxed mine 3 times since I bought it....so this is crazy tempting to me

·
Registered
2013 ATS
116 Posts
glenroebuck said:
second coat today after curing over night -
Looks good man! I think I'll clean mine tomorrow. I've been wanting to put another coat of blackfire on and maybe a swirl remover treatment. Great job, excellent shine.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 AWD 2013
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got the 20 ml was able to do two coats and have enough left over for the wheels (I think) key is in the pad you use. Don't use a big megs' foam pad it will just suck up the product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts