Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put 22x8's on my cts with 245/30/22 tires my fronts rub alot even with the wheel liners out any suggestions

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
get in touch with MrPlease or ?Kevsheer? or someone who has 22's

& 245/30/22 WOW :eek: talk about low profile...

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
thats the same size tire i have. i've got NO rub at all. i did take out two of the plastic pins that on each side that hold in the front bumper. (you don't really need'em)

man that sucks... only thing i can think is that you have the wrong offset on the wheel. cuz mine is actually wider at 8.5" wide. and i can turn it all the way without any problems to. so its gotta be the offest in my opinion.

(i know i'll get better pics)

p.s. i just installed an hid conversion kit on my headlights & foglights today.8000k i'll post those pics later!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
thats the same size tire i have. i've got NO rub at all. i did take out two of the plastic pins that on each side that hold in the front bumper. (you don't really need'em)

man that sucks... only thing i can think is that you have the wrong offset on the wheel. cuz mine is actually wider at 8.5" wide. and i can turn it all the way without any problems to. so its gotta be the offest in my opinion.

(i know i'll get better pics)

p.s. i just installed an hid conversion kit on my headlights & foglights today.8000k i'll post those pics later!
How do you work the pedals when you wear the clown shoes that go with those wheels?

·
Registered
821 Posts
How do you work the pedals when you wear the clown shoes that go with those wheels?
thats funny... sh*t i might just lift this b*tch and put 26's on it because of haters like you.

i just love it when an old dude pulls up next to me looking at my wheels and ride with all that hate in their eyes. or when i hear one say "look at that punk ruining a cadillac. it just cracks me up!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

p.s. theres no need to talk sh*t

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
i think i remember mine being something like a 42mm?!?!?

but sh*t, thats just a (trying to remember what i heard) guess...

i'll find out monday though

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
thats funny... sh*t i might just lift this b*tch and put 26's on it because of haters like you.

i just love it when an old dude pulls up next to me looking at my wheels and ride with all that hate in their eyes. or when i hear one say "look at that punk ruining a cadillac. it just cracks me up!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I apologize for getting carried away. I've still got the stock staggered tires on my Northstar V8 AWD STS. I sure surprised the guy on the Yamaha FJ1100 that I left sitting at the stoplight the other day. I can't imagine why anybody would want to give up performance like that just for a look. Big wheels make the final gearing way too tall for a good jump off the line. It kills performance. If I was going to change at all I'd go smaller. If you see an old geezer in a silver smoke AWD STS be careful. He might make you look bad.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts

There's also no need for 22's on a CTS. It's too big and you're risking brake failure. Not to mention your speedo is going to be about 5mph off now. I guess it is kinda nice tho being able to watch the sunrise coming up from under your car with it being that high up!

·
Registered
821 Posts
#1 i got a 14" brake kit. and i can't tell the diffrence between the stopping with these & 22's compared to stock brakes w/ 16's. plus, i don't go fast. EVER. i imagine if i wanted to go fast i would go with a diffrent car...

#2 my speedo has been adjusted. it was hooked up to a computed and they entered the new diameter and it fixed the speedometer problem.

its 2007, people but big rims on cars these days. live with it. they're doing the little things to fix the little problems people use to have so they can put big rims on their ride.

its funny everybody wants to hate on something that someone else does that they don't like. sh*t to each his own...

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Easy, don't go over 20mph.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
#1 i got a 14" brake kit. and i can't tell the diffrence between the stopping with these & 22's compared to stock brakes w/ 16's. plus, i don't go fast. EVER. i imagine if i wanted to go fast i would go with a diffrent car...
I'm trying to imagine why if you wanted to pretend to be baller you went with a CTS. :poke:

It's not much of a "cruiser" car either...
You have a car that was tuned for the Nurburgring. Show some respect.

:gothicaleigh:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts