Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question am I able to run a 220limo alternator on my stock 150 alter the that’s bad just curious if every thing will be a direct bolt on standard 150 dts wanting to put on a acdelco altenator limo220 on your my standard dts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,636 Posts
First, what did you ask? Sort of jumbled/repetitive.

If you have some year of 2006 or later DTS, which year is your car?

Are the different alternators set up for the same mountings/bolts and electrical connections?

You need to know the alternator pulley diameters to find out if a different serpentine belt might be needed (length).

Why a larger alternator? 150 max Amps is pretty healthy.

·
Registered
08 DTS
96 Posts
is that 220 free or something?

my alternator died a few months ago, 2008 with 75k miles. threw in a remanufactured 150 from autozone and it runs great, throwing like 15 volts when i turn it on

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,636 Posts
Friends don't let friends buy anything at AZ except shop towels and windshield washer fluid. I'll give the alternator 6 weeks, tops.

An indicated system voltage of about 15 volts is normal when the alternator is recharging the battery at max voltage just after START. With your very dynamic charging protocol you'll see anything from 13.2 to just over 15 when the engine is running. A fully charged "12 volt" battery shows 12.5 - 12.6 volts at Key: ON.

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
183 Posts
Definitely with you on putting aftermarket electronics in my vehicles. My experiences where from junk alternator to

·
Registered
08 DTS
96 Posts
Definitely with you on putting aftermarket electronics in my vehicles. My experiences where from junk alternator to
seems to be working fine, it's been about 4-5 months. i guess i'll find out the hard way if it tanks on me

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,014 Posts
I think 220 is over kill 150 amp is more than enough. If my alternator goes Im getting new oem. For all the work required to remove and replace it I want it to last as long as my current one.

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
183 Posts
seems to be working fine, it's been about 4-5 months. i guess i'll find out the hard way if it tanks on me
For me it was 2 napa alternator failed in same vehicle. Could be i drive 25,000 a year.
I will use cheap parts in some cases. When i find part for less than half price then oem and not to hard to swap out.

·
Registered
2002 Deville and 2009 DTS
477 Posts
I just put in a AC Delco alternator (150 Amp) in my 2009 DTS base model two weeks ago. I am the type of person that does not change anything.
Got the alternator from Rock Auto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts