Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone -
I have owned GM full size SUV's for years and all of them I have done various modes, including wheels. Recently I traded in my 2020 Tahoe Premier RST for a '22 Escalade Sport Platinum. While I loved the Tahoe, the Escalade is next level when it comes to creature comforts, luxury and overall ride.
While I love the Onyx package 22" wheels that I have, I am of course thinking about upgrading to a set of 24" Vossens.
I do a lot of freeway driving and towing of our boat, so ride and comfort are very important. Living in Washington state, the roads are riddled with ruts and potholes, so the Escalade has been a huge improvement over the Tahoe.
My question is to anyone that has gone from 22" wheels to 24" wheels. Have you noticed a ride difference around town, on the highway, and/or when towing?
Any real life feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time everyone

· Registered
2023 Escalade ESV Sport 4WD
25 Posts
Comfort is going to suffer with 24" wheels I believe, but I too am interested in real world experiences... I went the other way and threw a set of 20" BBS TL-A wheels and Alenza Ultra tires on my ESV today. Much more forgiving ride over stock 22" wheels. I too tow and launch a 25', 9,000 lb boat, so more rubber on solid, well made wheels is a priority. Vossen wheels are sick!!! USA made too!

· Registered
2023 Escalade Sport
48 Posts
I run the OEMs wheels in the winter and swap to 24s usually in May. You’ll definitely feel the road more for sure but it’s not that bad IMO but the biggest factor is where you drive, some cities have horrible road maintenance.

You’ll notice right when you do the swaps but after a few days you’ll get used to it pretty quickly. I like the look of the 26’s fill the wheel well nicely, but I’m not sure I would like the ride quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts