Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so confused! I want to put 24" wheels on my 07 lade but I don't know if it's gonna rub or do I need to lift the truck or cut? was gonna go with some 22" but I just love the way it looks with 24" wheels! some one help me with this decision? i need opinions and facts...what to do and not to do... is the tire on 24" to thin? will the rim dent or bend if I hit a hard bump? also can you please post some pictures of 24" and 22" wheel lades so i can get a better idea. i think I'm gonna go with black with a chrome lip. thanx for any input!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
It depends on the wheels you get if they will rub, high end wheels that are made to your truck specs will not rub even with 305's, some of the mid and lower price wheels made off shore are not always made to the proper offsets, or they offer a wheels that can fix multi trucks because the offset they offer is "close" to what you need, in many cases you will get rubbing then with larger than stock size tires. :)

·
Registered
escalade
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the info. these are the wheels that i'm thinking of getting. they are 24" made by boss. has anyone used boss wheels before? any pros? cons? also is there a specific or good tire that would be good?

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
225 Posts
thanx for the info. these are the wheels that i'm thinking of getting. they are 24" made by boss. has anyone used boss wheels before? any pros? cons? also is there a specific or good tire that would be good?
I had a friend get those because they were cheap off ebay, he hit a pothole and bent one bad. He said they probably arent the strongest but if you have smooth roads then it shouldnt be a problem...

·
Registered
escalade
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmmm...... never thought about the difference in ride comfort... is there a big difference? if at all?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
hmmmm...... never thought about the difference in ride comfort... is there a big difference? if at all?
Yes there is, now if you live and drive in an area of the country like Florida, Texas, Zona or Cali the larger size wheel will not make a lot of difference, however if you live say in the northeast, 24's can knock fillings out hitting potholes, or whatever they call a large hole in the road. Last year I ran 26's with 30 series tires, and 24's with 35 series tires, fine on the good paved roads, and just terrible on average or poor roads. I have been using stock 22's this year because if I damage a stock 22 I can replace one of them MUCH cheaper than my custom wheels, and I have been on many dirt roads in upstate NY around my home. I use stock chrome 18's for the winter, of course they do not look the greatest, but I LOVE the ride that 18's give you on my roads. :)

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
23 Posts
Hcvone is right on. I live in Upstate NY also, my truck came with 18's I am putting Blizzaks on those for winter. 22's Apr.- Nov only.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have used Bridgestone Revo's for the past few years on my trucks with great success, and they wear like iron, and now Goodyear has a tire out called Wrangler DuraTrac, going to try them on one truck, they look very aggrassive for the snow

·
Registered
escalade
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx for all your advice. i think i'm gonna go with the 24"s... is there anything else good or bad that anyone can add before i buy these?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
23 Posts
Just make sure you get them from a reputable source. There are a lot of wheels that will " fit " on your truck, that does not make them correct, and do some home work on the tires for them also, make sure they match up well with the environment you drive in & your driving style, you will be glad you did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts