Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the site as of today. I recently purchased a new to me 2009 escalade. Does anyone know where to get the 7 spoke factory wheels. I want to replace the front 2 (chrome peeling). I've found repros but in all the reviews people complain about the centers not staying. Mine have a single safety style allen screw holding them. Anyone with good luck on replacements?

·
Registered
2010 Hybrid Escalade
32 Posts
I believe you're looking for 9595855
I couldn't seem to find them on GMpartsdirect, but I did see them elsewhere.
Just google that number and you should be able to find some for sale.
Not sure about the safety screw.

My hubcaps (centers) have popped off before. I've had to buy a new set of 4 as the caddy emblem starts fading.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
551 Posts
I pulled the trigger on a repro 22” chrome 10 spoke rims for our 09 Platinum. In spite of all the poor feedback, it’s been flawless.

I got it off eBay. Ironically it did have a flaw and the seller refunded $75. They’re even less expensive on Amazon. It’s been 3 Mo’s and all is good.

GM doesn’t chrome plate them. It’s chrome clad that vacuum forms a layer of material to the rim. Once it’s comprised, it only gets worse. And no, there’s no technology available to “re clad” them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did figure out what the tamper resistant allen was for. There is a cable behind the locking lug attached to the center cap. Anti theft, not a hold down.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why not powered coat them the pervious owner before me did it and they look pretty good all black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually like the chrome 7 spoke wheels. I did think about it though, but then my OCD would kick in and I'd have to black out ALL the chrome, lol.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade ESV & 2007 DTS
159 Posts
The repoops are donkey. Go aftermarket custom or PC the originals.

The stock 7 spoke 22 chrome is garbage -peals. Switched to optional 22 Vogue Renegades and still had chrome issues - pits... Now on stock 18" chromes and doing great. IDK why the stock 18 chrome actually works, but it does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know what makes these wheels peel so bad, other than the GM fake chroming process? My fronts are peeling bad but the rears almost look perfect.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
551 Posts
Chrome wheels peel or deteriorate period. When the brake dust accumulates, it traps moisture and road contamination on the finish. If the wheels aren’t cleaned, have a protective coat applied and maintained, their time is numbered.

Show quality chrome finishing is very costly. If manufacturers do offer chrome rims, it’s one or two steps below show quality. The chrome clad is being used more often because of cost. It has only two or three steps vs chrome plating that has 5-7 steps.

The chrome clad rims on the Escalade, at least two of the four, held up better than the OZ racing chrome plated rims on our other car. The cost of the re-chrome often exceeds the cost of an identical, perfectly straight replacement rim. Chrome or clad, expect a decade out of the finish unless you’ve babied them since day one.

Expect the wheels with the least amount of brake dust to last the longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts