Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting some 22" for a 1997 Deville, can this affect in any way my car? and also I'm looking for a way to rise it about 4 or 6 inches but I don't want to spend a lot money buying the kit

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
The car was not designed for that kind of unsprung mass. It has a poor effect on the handling, acceleration, and braking of the car and puts additional stress and wear on all parts associated with them. The less sidewall you have on a tire, the less road imperfections it will absorb. This means your suspension will have to react to many things that would normally be absorbed by the tires. Plus-sizing your wheels will always have a negative effect on the ride quality. The larger you go, the worse the ride gets.
Subjectively, it could also be argued that the design of the car is not aesthetically pleasing with grotesquely oversized wheels.

It's a DeVille, not a 4x4.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
I'm looking for info on 22" upgrades as well. Maybe somebody more helpful can comment. But lifting your car 6 inches is f#%king ghetto dude.

Marty

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
You definitely going to get badgered here. 22" on that car will look hideous. That's way to much wheel for the car. You'll do nothing but destroy the suspension with them and the car will ride like crap.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Both of those cars should be put to rest and the drivers should be jailed.

Why would you but the ever noted Buick fender vent on a Cadillac? Did you want a Buick? And Like i said there's so little sidewall the car is probably undrivable. Now if you want to make some off the wall monstrosity to show and never be able to drive then maybe you're on the right track, although I doubt there's any awards for best thrashed luxury car.

That's just disgusting. Not to mention that looks like single stage solid color paint. Uggg the tragedy.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,117 Posts
:thepan: ........and furthermore, raising the car would play hob with the CV joint and axle angles. CV assemblies don't like running at odd angles. Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes to the bone....as in the above 2 examples.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Sorry for the typo above

Why would you put the ever noted Buick fender vent on a Cadillac?

D

·
0 Posts
Both of those cars should be put to rest and the drivers should be jailed.

Why would you but the ever noted Buick fender vent on a Cadillac? Did you want a Buick? And Like i said there's so little sidewall the car is probably undrivable. Now if you want to make some off the wall monstrosity to show and never be able to drive then maybe you're on the right track, although I doubt there's any awards for best thrashed luxury car.

That's just disgusting. Not to mention that looks like single stage solid color paint. Uggg the tragedy.

Jailed?!??!

Jailed for what... Being awesome?!?!?!?

:yawn:

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
:helpless: :cookoo: :nono:

Call it what you want. It's a disgrace to GM, Cadillac and Cadillac lovers as well. No well respected luxury car should have to dress like that. If you're going to drive a Cadillac you should be thinking Style, Class and setting the standard not stupid, unsafe, unusable and disgraceful. Do that crap to Hondas or something.

Good, tasteful, high quality, well executed mods are always acceptable. It's a Cadillac, it doesn't need to look like a circus bus to attract attention. A few subtle personal adjustments will do fine on ANY Cadillac.

:banghead: :jerkit:

Jailed?!??!
Jailed for what... Being awesome?!?!?!?
:yawn:

D

·
0 Posts
Youre just a flat out hater....

Who wants to see a honda on 22's...

its all about the big bodys... If you want big rims, you need a big body luxury car...

Youre acting like what was seen on those pics is unheard of or uncommon?

Do you know how many people put big rims on nice cars?

If you got the money, i say do what you like...
You think those guys give a shiny shit what you think about theyre car hahah?

D

·
0 Posts
And to add, That isnt single staged solid color paint... You can tell if you look close and by the reflections..

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I figured that, it just looks that way in the pics
And to add, That isnt single staged solid color paint... You can tell if you look close and by the reflections..
I'm not really a hater and big wheels are one thing. We have several people here with 18's and even 20's but 22 is way beyond excessive.

Everyone has their own style and I'm sure they don't care what I think just like I don't care what they think about my cars.

Either way a Cadillac should not have Buick features on it nor should it have wheels on it that make it useless, because your not even going to tell me that you can take that car on a road trip and be comfortable.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,117 Posts
:rolleyes: The above examples are still butt-ugly, 22's notwithstanding. durrk......BTW....how long do the cutsie propellers spin after the wheels stop turning? Can I get them in powder coated black for my '02? Betcha I could get to fuel cutoff a lot faster.......(sorry - I got carried away. Those things are made to cruise around and around the same block all day/night.)

D

·
0 Posts
ehh??

who would take a roadtrip in a car like that... dude... big rims are for show and for show only...

what both of you guys are sayin is kinda irrelevant dont you think?

and yeah, i dont really know about the buick vents either, but what the owner likes, is what matters...

So fellas, the lesson today is:

It doesnt matter what it looks like, or how useless the additions are, they are for show, and the only purpose they serve is to please the person that had them put there... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
It doesnt matter what it looks like, or how useless the additions are, they are for show, and the only purpose they serve is to please the person that had them put there... :thumbsup:
that is well stated.
however, it must be understood that the vast majority of us here would be classified as "haters" by you, and as "purists" by ourselves.
Given that, the OP is best served asking his question elsewhere.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey homie coast balla thanks for the pictures!!! hey do you know any place where I can get the grill? damn those 22"s look badass

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Very good analogy. But who the hell buys a Cadillac for that?

:rolleyes:Those things are made to cruise around and around the same block all day/night.)

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Everyone has their own taste and we certainly want to welcome everyone here BUT as stated, this group of ohhh 60,000 members or so are mostly purists.

We appreciate Cadillac for what Cadillac has always stood for and the history of fine American made cars.

What we're not into is making them look crazy with the latest fad. Cadillac is a timeless symbol of the American standard and deep down inside means a lot to many folks on this board.

Its like decorating a house. I would never uses fads in a house, they change to often. You need timeless classic design elements. Something with staying power.

What are those guys going to do in 18 months when 22's aren't the style anymore? Rebuild the car? See what we're saying.

that is well stated.
however, it must be understood that the vast majority of us here would be classified as "haters" by you, and as "purists" by ourselves.
Given that, the OP is best served asking his question elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts