Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
White Diamond 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 (Fully Loaded)
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was able to get her cleaned up today so I took some pics of the new wheels and new audio set-up.

Wheels:
The rims are 22" Black Ice Nemesis wrapped in Falken FK-452 tires, size 255/30/22. The ride is as comfortable as the stock 18s and there is no rubbing whatsoever. Stopping distance is noticeably different so it looks like bigger brakes will be necessary. Also, there is more road noise with the new wheels. I was a little hesitant about the black accents on the wheels and the red calipers. However, I’m extremely happy with the look.

Audio:
The amp on the back seats is a Rockford Fosgate Power T1000 which is powering 2 Kicker 12" L7s in a large ported box. I have a Whip Audio 5 farad capacitor also hooked up onto the back seats as well. The amp in the trunk is a Rockford Fosgate Punch 600a4 which is powering 2 JL Audio C5-525component speakers in the rear doors and 2 JL Audio C5-625 component speakers in the front doors. I also have a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processor hooked up to counteract the limited sound quality produced by the factory radio. However, I couldn't take pics of the 3Sixty because its installed next to the factory Bose amp inside of the trunk's side wall. Overall, the system sounds fantastic. The factory Bose system was decent but this is on a completely different level. On the downside, I no longer have a trunk.

Lastly, the rear windows and rear windshield have 5% tint, the front windows have 20% tint, and the front windshield has 50% tint. The tint on the front windshield is noticeable from the outside looking in but is barely noticeable when looking out from inside the car.

I'm now looking forward to installing D3s intake, the Vogue ground effects kit, and having the front grille customized.
Sorry for posting so many pics but I wanted to give a good idea of how everything looks. I actually have a few more but reached the 10 pic limit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD
273 Posts
wow, you did a lot of work. best of luck with your CTS and keep us posted on more updates!

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
How custom are you going on the grille? id dig a few more pica of your system if you dont mind?... looks clean!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How custom are you going on the grille? id dig a few more pica of your system if you dont mind?... looks clean!!
Black Dahlia, thanks for the comment about my system. I hope the additional pics give a better idea of how everything looks. Though you can’t tell from the pics, the trunk, all four doors, and my license plates are fully covered in dynomat. I provided a pic of the chrome caddy license plates I have mounted. I have the same one for the front plate. Also, the capacitor emanates a nice blue light when its on which looks pretty cool when exposed at night. Something else worth mentioning is that certain websites, such as crutchfield.com, state that our CTS has 6 ½ inch speakers in the front doors…WRONG. The front door speakers are 9” round speakers. I found 9” speakers difficult/impossible to find so my installer had to build custom enclosure in order to install my 6 ½ components. Anyone wishing to change the front door speakers will likely have to do the same.

This leads me to something that I should have mentioned on my original post; a big thanks to the forum members that me helped out during the installation process, especially Mbai2 and ngiardina. My installer struggled through certain parts of the installation process and the info I received here helped get things back on track. Thanks!

About the grill, its funny that you ask because I'm inspired your grill and plan to do something similar if not identical (except in white). I'm going to have the front painted white and I’m considering going with the same silver mesh you have in background. However, I'm not sure how the mesh will look on my car (especially now that I have the chrome rims with black accents) so I'm considering leaving the background as is (black) or having it chromed. I’m open to any and all suggestions as to the best way to go with that.

***Side note: This is completely random but I was looking on cardomain.com and I noticed that your CTS has an overall score of 4 stars. I’ll be the first to go on the record and say that that’s total BS. Anyone who gives your car anything less than 5 stars is a HATER!

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
you have done ALOT of work with the system! Are those speakers facing toward the cabin and attached to the rear seats? Looks clean and probably bumps nicely. Dynamat is not cheap, its nice to see someone doing a legit and costly job to make sure not to downplay the CTS' couture qualities.

I sugest you either do your grille background GLOSS Black or powdercoat the mesh you will fabricate black, leaving the ribs and surounding Diamond White to match the car. I think that will compliment your chrome/black rims.

Thats funny you mention the Cardomain 4 star thing, Im almost positive that David Cashion (Dubbed Stealth) is messin with me, haha, cuz his old 08 CTs is constantly #1 with 5 stars and he doesnt even own it anymore. I sense foul play ;)

Great job on your mods so far. Thats one thing I havent done, is the system. Im happy with the Bose surround sound in 5.1, but I COOLD use a bit more punch. (I dont listen to hip hop or rap, more so into progressive and technical metal so I need to hear all instruments seperately without overwhelming bass.. Any suggestions? Maybe a Bazooka or a ButtKicker for quick punchy bass..?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Been a few months since I wandered thru looking at some of the rides. Nice work, and keep posting the pic's. :alchi:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the subs are facing the cabin because it allows more sound to enter. At least that’s what my installer said. I think he's right because the ports are located in the front of the enclosure. Either way, I have been wanting to turn the box around to see if there is any difference (good or bad) in the sound quality or overall loudness. However, the difference is HUGE and HEAVY as heck so I haven't gone through the trouble of moving it around. Also, the speakers are not attached to the back seats; an amp and the capacitor are. I wanted to avoid screwing anything into the seats but the amp is too big to put anywhere else.

I think I'm going to take your advice regarding the grill. I think D3 posted a pic of a white CTS with the same set-up you described.

As far as your system, I'm far from an expert in this area but I do know that I know someone with one 10" JL Audio W6 in his trunk and it provides excellent punch without sacrificing sound quality or being overwhelming. That may be something that fits your needs.

Lastly, I'd like to get some feedback regarding my body kit options. I contacted a local Caddy dealer who informed me that he can get me the Vogue Ground Effects kit for $1900 painted and uninstalled or $2400 painted and installed. I also received a quote of $737 for the E&G Aero Kit unpainted and uninstalled. I expect to pay approximately $750 to have the E&G kit painted and installed bringing the total to about $1500. My questions is: Is the Vogue kit worth $900 dollars more than the E&G kit?

As always, all comments are welcomed.

·
Registered
755 Posts
dubbed sold his cts?????
what's he driving nowadays?
He got a VW!! ..times are tough lol
he and his recently had a baby too..

i personally like vogues kit best. but it would be cool to be the first to have the Aero...

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
Awesome install. Do you have any sort of writeup on the 3Sixty.2 wiring? I have one in the garage I bought a few years ago and never used. Any info you have would be great. I'm a big audio DIY-er, but factory integration is not my area of familiarity.

Tony

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wish I could be of more help but I didn't do any of the installation myself. It was all done by a professional installer along with some helpful tips from a few board members. All I can say is to make sure you have access to a lap top with bluetooth if you are going to use the 3sixty.2. Unlike the 3sixty.1, the newer version can only be programmed via bluetooth which is a pain if you don't have a bluetooth capable pc.

Glad you like the set-up. Sorry for the lack of useful info.

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
I found this thread while searching for these rims via Google. I am going to grab them for my 05 CTS. Any idea if 22's would fit as smoothly on an 05 as they do on your 09? I was under the understanding that I would have to go with 20's but would much rather have 22's.

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
I found this thread while searching for these rims via Google. I am going to grab them for my 05 CTS. Any idea if 22's would fit as smoothly on an 05 as they do on your 09? I was under the understanding that I would have to go with 20's but would much rather have 22's.
That's a really tight fit. I doubt it...

That's over kill for that type of car, and your braking will be degraded as the wheels will have much more rolling mass.

On an 05 it'll look like a hoopty on wheel too big because it will be lifted.

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
That's a really tight fit. I doubt it...

That's over kill for that type of car, and your braking will be degraded as the wheels will have much more rolling mass.

On an 05 it'll look like a hoopty on wheel too big because it will be lifted.
Good points. Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

·
Registered
CTS
21 Posts
I know I'm bumping an old thread but I ran into a problem. Can you tell me where your remote wire is ran from. Im having a hell of a time finding an ignition type fuse. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
I know I'm bumping an old thread but I ran into a problem. Can you tell me where your remote wire is ran from. Im having a hell of a time finding an ignition type fuse. Thanks in advance.
Try this thread here. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/180172-subwoofer-install-done-2.html

I assume my 2009 CTS-V will be similar to a CTS. As far as I and others can tell, there is no dedicated audio fuse that will give you 12 volts when the stereo is on. And several of the other wires give you 12 volts when the ignition comes on, but also gives you voltage spikes every time you unlock your doors, open your trunk, etc. The wire I used in the above thread gives you 12 volts for your amp only when the key is in the ON position. So if you want your amp to be on when you're parked with the engine off, the ACC position won't do it...the key needs to be in the ON position. The good news is there's no voltage spikes.

Good luck.

Tony

1 - 18 of 18 Posts