Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SRX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought a 2007 SRX yesterday. On the way home from the stealership the cars check engine light came on. The dealer was closed so I took it home and went back to the dealer in the morning. After 6 hours they said they flashed one computer that took 20 min and another that took 45 min. They also replaced my battery. On the way home today the damn light came on again and now the car randomly stutters and it sounds as if the power locks are trying to lock when it does it. Weird I know. Has anyone heard of anything like this happening. I am taking it to a the dealer in the am but would like some insight before they pork me.:thepan:

·
Registered
2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours
514 Posts
There have been a number of comments in this forum about problems associated with the battery; suggest you have them try another one before getting a deep (& expensive) series of other fixes.
Good luck!!

·
Registered
2007 SRX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am heading over to a different dealer this morning. I will post the results of what they tell me today.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's
345 Posts
If you get a CEL, run the error codes. Any Auto Zone/Advanced Auto store will plug in a reader and down load and decode the error messages.

That way you know what the problem is and will be armed for your visit to the dealer.

We are talking about 5 minutes of your time.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
I am taking it to a the dealer in the am but would like some insight before they pork me.:thepan:
You have warrantee left, right? How are they going to...uh...."pork" you? :hmm:

·
Registered
2007 SRX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To define how they are going to pork me. They kept me at the dealer yesterday for 6.5 hours when they told me that it was only going to be about an hour.

Took it to the sealer this morning and they say it is a bad o2 sensor and cam intake sensor. They are going to order them overnight for a monday delivery :thumbsup:..

As for taking to AutoZone there is not one on the island where I live. I tried to take it to Advanced Auto Parts and they said they do not provide that service.

I will post more info as the story unfolds.:stirpot:

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
What I really meant, was no matter what they find, no out of pocket for you, correct? When you said "pork", I was thinking you thought that you were going to have to pay for something. They really should have given you a loaner car too. Hope it all works out.

Dr. Toughlove

·
Registered
2007 SRX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Dr. ToughLove I wasn't trying to be snappy, just been a bad couple of days. Got back from the dealer a min ago. They are ordering an o2 sensor and a cam intake sensor. On the way back from the dealer she sputtered and stalled in traffic. She started right back up. I got her home and parked her, she will stay there until Monday at 10:30 when she is scheduled to have those parts changed.

On a side note the car was bought Wednesday July 1st from CARMAX in MIAMI/DORAL. While the purchase was no problem their service department is for lack of a better term "INCOMPETENT". STAY AWAY from their service department at all costs!:stirpot:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Thanks, Dr. ToughLove I wasn't trying to be snappy, just been a bad couple of days.
No worries. I just was unclear on what what going on and if they were trying to charge you for repairs or not. It's not fun to get a new car and immediatly encounter trouble. Once this gets cleared up, you will enjoy the new ride. On a positive note, sort of, the problem is consistent - much better than a phantaem problem that the dealer indicates "customer concern cannot be duplicated". Had a few of those in my time. :rant2:

·
Registered
2007 SRX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys it has been a few days and my dealer got the parts today. So by the invoice it appears they did the following:

Cause: F
J6372 Sensor, Oxygen (Engine Control) Replace
1 12594935 Sensor-ox
Parts:
37506 Check Engine PO155 O2 Sensor 1, Bank 2 Heater Performance Sensor Shorted Open. Replaced Sensor.

Cause: F
J4350 Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement
Parts:
37506 Check Engine. P0343 B1 Intake Cam Sensor Voltage High Sensor Shorted, Replaced Sensor.

The Ride home was nice I hope it stays that way. They didn't address the door issue but I will have that addressed at a dealer closer to home while I am not on vacation.

All in all bought the car on July 1st, 2009 in the shop on July 2nd at purchasing dealers service center with MIL and stuttering / hesitation. Spent all day there and they didn't fix anything I believe all they did was clear the code out of the computer. July 2nd, 2009 on way back from service dealer car threw code again activating the MIL. Shortly after car started running bad was on the way to Key West for R&R hit the dealer there in the morning at 7:15 am and they had the diagnosis by 8:30 am. Parts were order overnight go figure all this happens on the holiday weekend. Took car in on Monday July 6th dealer called to say parts didn't come in ( I don't blame them out of their hands. ) please bring car in tuesday. Tuesday July 7th took car back at 10:30 am picked car up at 3:00 pm. There are no MIL and no other problems associated with the emissions so far.

Anyone have issues with the doors not closing properly?:highfive:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
My wife used to push too lightly on the doors and they would not latch, so it would take two tries. I never had the problem. But, since it is the only vehicle we have had that she had an issue with, there is likely some merit that they need a little extra push.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts