Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago my 2021 XT6 navigation stopped working. Went in for service. They checked the wiring and no problem. Was told they did a service upgrade and the Navigation was working. Started the car and no Navigation. Went from where the Caddy was parked back into the service bay and showed the advisor the error message again. Was told there was no current fix for this but if one came out they would let me know. Nice. Anyone else have this problem after an oil change? Or since the new navigation SD card is now for sale?

· Registered
11 Posts
The navigation on my 2021 XT6 works fine but I have had some other minor issues with the infotainment system. Cadillac really needs to get a better hold on their sofaware. As far as yours not working, you paid $1000 bucks for it and it is under warrenty. I would scream all the way to the top and make them get you a working system. If that means put a whole new unit in you car they need to do it.

· Registered
2021 XT6 Sport
58 Posts
No issues here, but WTF? There is no current fix so you are SOL? Totally unacceptable.

Mine suddenly doesn't recognize the SD card for the camera, which had been working fine in the past. Pretty crappy reliability if you ask me. Making me think twice about getting a Blackwing.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,516 Posts
Two days ago my 2021 XT6 navigation stopped working. Went in for service. They checked the wiring and no problem. Was told they did a service upgrade and the Navigation was working. Started the car and no Navigation. Went from where the Caddy was parked back into the service bay and showed the advisor the error message again. Was told there was no current fix for this but if one came out they would let me know. Nice. Anyone else have this problem after an oil change? Or since the new navigation SD card is now for sale?
If you mean the Nav is not loading, you can try this fix for it as outlined in the TSB below (CUE 3.0). I have to do this very occasionally.

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2022-07-11 Just got off the phone with Carlos (Cadillac Customer Service). Was told that Cadillac was aware of the problem with the navigation in the 2021 XT6 caused by a software update. Asked if the software update could be reversed and was told that the effected cars was from a specific build period and the update could not be undone. Let us recoup, on delivery in Feb 2021 the brakes chirped and make a grinding sound, and the backup camera would stay dark or in nighttime mode when backing out of the garage until I was off my driveway and in the street. Was told by service that the brakes would need a break in period before they would not chirp or grind anymore. Took them 6 months before they fixed the brakes and told me that the vendor had changed the amount of metal in the brake pads. Still the backup camera stays dark after backing out of the garage into the sunlight. Now, 1 year and 3 weeks after getting the car (and 10 days after the new Navagation update came out) the navigation no longer works. Carlos hopes that the problem will be fixed in a couple of weeks, maybe a few months, hopefully not a couple of years... so I am out of luck until they decide to come up with a software fix (for the software update that caused the problem). The backup camera still has the same problem as when it was picked up Feb 2021. Nice going Cadillac. I will wait 3 months for these problems to be fixed and no longer.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,516 Posts
Aside from the brake issue, was this not covered in the thread below or is yours a different cause?

13,031 Posts
2022-07-11 Just got off the phone with Carlos (Cadillac Customer Service). Was told that Cadillac was aware of the problem with the navigation in the 2021 XT6 caused by a software update. Asked if the software update could be reversed and was told that the effected cars was from a specific build period and the update could not be undone. Let us recoup, on delivery in Feb 2021 the brakes chirped and make a grinding sound, and the backup camera would stay dark or in nighttime mode when backing out of the garage until I was off my driveway and in the street. Was told by service that the brakes would need a break in period before they would not chirp or grind anymore. Took them 6 months before they fixed the brakes and told me that the vendor had changed the amount of metal in the brake pads. Still the backup camera stays dark after backing out of the garage into the sunlight. Now, 1 year and 3 weeks after getting the car (and 10 days after the new Navagation update came out) the navigation no longer works. Carlos hopes that the problem will be fixed in a couple of weeks, maybe a few months, hopefully not a couple of years... so I am out of luck until they decide to come up with a software fix (for the software update that caused the problem). The backup camera still has the same problem as when it was picked up Feb 2021. Nice going Cadillac. I will wait 3 months for these problems to be fixed and no longer.
This is certainly not what we like to hear, lewis293. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2021 XT6. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: lewis293/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts