Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a week old 21 Sport Platinum - tonight the dash display went black, volume stopped working and half the features are unavailable. Shut off the car and restarted and no change. Anyone hear about this in the Escalade or other Cadillac models?

· Registered
escalade esv
15 Posts
We have a week old 21 Sport Platinum - tonight the dash display went black, volume stopped working and half the features are unavailable. Shut off the car and restarted and no change. Anyone hear about this in the Escalade or other Cadillac models?
I wonder if you blew a fuse for the dash/display.....or, need to pull the fuse for a few seconds to reset the dash/display.

· Registered
CT6 & Escalade
938 Posts
come on.. thats funny.. new designs always have some issues.. they will fix it !!!.. it will be fine
Yeah, for sure. Agree.

The thing is that...
(1) My 2017 Platinum is running incredibly well; looks mint; and I love the look. No one really says the 2021 eclipses the styling of the 2020;
(2) My #1 reason for wanting a new one is that I want Super Cruise like in my CT6 (which we apparently won't see until late spring); and,
(3) like you said, "new designs always have some issues." I guess a dash going dark is an example of that.

Sooo... I have no issues waiting a few extra months for a 2022 with Super Cruise.

Sorry to hijack this thread!
I'm sure interested to hear what's up with the dash!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update - of course the dealer had no idea what to do and we could not replicate it as the issue went away. If it happens again I am going to video it for the dealership and see what they can find out

· Registered
2015 ESV Premium
564 Posts
Strange !!.. Hoping that it was just a gremlin you had and everything will be ok.... You should also let Cadillac Customer Care know via email on by letter so you have it documented.. My 2013 had issues with the rear camera and wrote many time and finally a service rep took a look at it back them and they changed the lenses which made it better..

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I have a 2021 Escalade premium luxury. While driving it home the very first day.....My dash to the right flickered and then went out. Came back on later. I have an appointment this Thursday.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I have a 2021 Escalade premium luxury. While driving it home the very first day.....My dash to the right flickered and then went out. Came back on later. I have an appointment this Thursday.
Same issue. Kids watching roku in the back and the entire infotainment system resets. WiFi dash and both screens complete reset. Had happened several times.
I made an appointment and they changed out that whole screen. No issues anymore.

· Registered
23 Posts
I don't love the exterior on the Escalade and the thing pulling me to it over a Yukon is also what concerns me ... the front screens. That and the massage seats that is ... I'll be in wait and see mode. Also interested to see how people do with the diesel. That's my first choice of powertrain.

· Registered
1 Posts
Same issue happened with me today with my 2021 sport platinum. How did you fix yours?

· Registered
40 Posts
Same thing happened to my 2021 sport platinum volume stopped working display went black turned the car off and back on and nothing happened. Went to eat left the car alone for about an hour and when I started it again everything was back to normal.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts