Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of my 2021 Escalade Sport this week and on the ride home I noticed the Apple CarPlay (wireless - BT connection) was skipping or cutting in/out.
Has anyone else experienced this? Better yet, does anyone know a fix?
Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
What phone are you using? I would make sure it’s updated to the latest software and do a forced reboot. Might even want to try unpairing and pairing again. Don’t have any issues with mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Good suggestions, I’ll give it a try. Thank you

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wireless Apple Carplay has issues no matter what car you are in. It is not a GM issue.. it is an Apple issue :-/. It is slowly getting better, but still not great. Android Auto (wireless) is quite a bit better, but can still have wifi interference issues at times (But does a better job of reconnecting when it does drop.)

Reactions: mo331

·
Registered
2021 Escalade
8 Posts
I got my Sport in March and totally stopped using BT Apple Car Play. Super annoying. Plus it negated to great big OLED screen. If on occasion I need for something like Waze I use the cord.

·
Registered
2021 Escalade Duramax Supercruise
65 Posts
Wireless Apple Carplay has issues no matter what car you are in. It is not a GM issue.. it is an Apple issue :-/. It is slowly getting better, but still not great. Android Auto (wireless) is quite a bit better, but can still have wifi interference issues at times (But does a better job of reconnecting when it does drop.)
Same here, wireless carplay is FAR from perfect, but I STILL prefer it over wired carplay. I don't have dropped connections, but I have noticed that the steering wheel controls for track advance / track rewind are useless when using wireless carplay. Pressing either of these buttons has an impact 30 seconds later, and then the track being played goes into a replay loop that can ONLY be stopped by disconnecting from bluetooth and wifi.

The only work around (for me at least) is to use the control wheel on the console in carplay to advance or rewind tracks.

Hopefully one of the upcoming Apple upgrades / downloads will resolve this, I don't think it's just a Cadillac wireless carplay issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 Escalade Sport. I've noticed the carplay works better when your phone is connected via Bluetooth, but also to the car's wireless hotspot as well. Unfortunately, this pulls off of the hotspot data plan unnecessarily.

Another issue I've had .... everything worked well for a week. now, when my phone (iPhone 12 max pro, up to date OS) is connected to Bluetooth in any way, any fm/am/sirus stations play for about 3 seconds then go silent. switch a channel, it plays for 3 seconds then silent, etc. if I disconnect the phone from bluetooth/carplay connection everything is back to normal.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
automotive audio technology drives me crazy!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2021 Escalade Sport. I've noticed the carplay works better when your phone is connected via Bluetooth, but also to the car's wireless hotspot as well. Unfortunately, this pulls off of the hotspot data plan unnecessarily.

Another issue I've had .... everything worked well for a week. now, when my phone (iPhone 12 max pro, up to date OS) is connected to Bluetooth in any way, any fm/am/sirus stations play for about 3 seconds then go silent. switch a channel, it plays for 3 seconds then silent, etc. if I disconnect the phone from bluetooth/carplay connection everything is back to normal.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
automotive audio technology drives me crazy!!!!
UPDATE:

My issues seem to be resolved (mostly). On occasion, I still get some cut in/out, but far less frequently than before. The only thing I did was to turn OFF the 5G on my Iphone 12 Pro MAX. I actually turned it off because of poor performance of my phone and since then, everything seems to be OK when I put it in the Escalade. Maybe coincidence? Not sure, but my experience with the 5G on my iphone has been pretty poor, so I'm good with just leaving it off - especially if it resolves my CarPlay issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wireless CarPlay appears to be a nightmare no matter the vehicle manufacturer. I just got rid of a 2019 Audi A7 that I had for 2 1/2 years and the ENTIRE time the wireless CarPlay would cut in and out, etc. The worst part with CarPlay running was going past large transformers or giant power lines, not only would the CarPlay stop but the Audi's entire entertainment screen and also my dash cluster would reboot on their own. Numerous trips to the dealer for I believe 3 software updates and it was never fixed and deemed a "known issue." The Audi dealer also has a BMW store and they had similar problems. A lot of finger pointing going on between the manufacturers, whoever makes the wireless interfaces, and Apple. I met a lady who had a new Audi Q8, she volunteered she hated her new car...because of the wireless CarPlay causing havoc with her interior displays and the same reboot drama I experienced.

Hate to say it, just use the cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took delivery of my 2021 Escalade Sport this week and on the ride home I noticed the Apple CarPlay (wireless - BT connection) was skipping or cutting in/out.
Thanks
I am having the exact issues with my 2021 XT5. I am always plugged in charging as well so it is not the wireless carplay to blame, it happens all the time. The dealership tells me my phone is not new enough (its an 11 XR). It is frustrating the crap out of me. The past 2 days my radio started playing through my onstar speakers instead of audio speakers periodically.

·
Registered
2020 Escalade Platinum, 2022 Premium Luxury Platinum on order.
15 Posts
Thanks
Whenever I have this issue, the main culprit has always been the connecting cable. I replace it once a year, as the connection becomes dirty or the cable itself is frayed. Also make sure you are running the latest iOS version. Good luck !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wireless CarPlay appears to be a nightmare no matter the vehicle manufacturer. I just got rid of a 2019 Audi A7 that I had for 2 1/2 years and the ENTIRE time the wireless CarPlay would cut in and out, etc. The worst part with CarPlay running was going past large transformers or giant power lines, not only would the CarPlay stop but the Audi's entire entertainment screen and also my dash cluster would reboot on their own. Numerous trips to the dealer for I believe 3 software updates and it was never fixed and deemed a "known issue." The Audi dealer also has a BMW store and they had similar problems. A lot of finger pointing going on between the manufacturers, whoever makes the wireless interfaces, and Apple. I met a lady who had a new Audi Q8, she volunteered she hated her new car...because of the wireless CarPlay causing havoc with her interior displays and the same reboot drama I experienced.

Hate to say it, just use the cable.
my 7 series has zero problems with wireless carplay

Escalade won’t play music off my iPhone 13 pro max without skipping, it’s pretty annoying

1 - 13 of 13 Posts