Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Meanwhile, you can not buy a dirt cheap (comparatively) Subaru without it unless you go with a manual transmission.
I enjoy it on my WRX, but to me it is not anywhere near worth adding $10,000 in option packages to get it.
Are you confusing my quoted comment above about "Super Cruise" with the new digital gauge cluster? Otherwise, I have no idea what you're comparing with the Subaru.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you confusing my quoted comment above about "Super Cruise" with the new digital gauge cluster? Otherwise, I have no idea what you're comparing with the Subaru.
Thank you for the correction, I confused adaptive cruise (free on Subaru and likely other some other brands, requires $11,030 worth of options to get it on the CT5-V) with "Super Cruise".
Ford, last I checked also makes you pay dearly for adaptive cruise control, some enterprising individuals have written "how to" threads that allow you to add it for about $2,000 in parts and some elbow grease, do not know if this will be an option with the Caddy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Super Cruise is not an analog to adaptive cruise. Super Cruise is "auto pilot", driver input free operation. Adaptive cruise is cruise control with distance keeping/braking, the CT5 had adaptive cruise available as an option on the Premium as part of a $1900 package that consisted of:
  • Adaptive Cruise Control - Advanced
  • Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
  • Reverse Automatic Braking
  • Automatic Seat Belt Tightening
  • Locking steering column
  • Door lock and latch shields
  • Locking fuel door
  • Locking wheel lugs
  • Self-powered theft-deterrent alarm system
  • Vehicle inclination sensor
  • Vehicle interior movement sensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Adaptive cruise is cruise control with distance keeping/braking, the CT5 had adaptive cruise available as an option on the Premium as part of a $1900 package that consisted of:
Could be an error on the Cadillac "shopping tools" website or perhaps I am not understanding you correctly, when you attempt to place the $1900 package on an otherwise base CT5-V a pop up appears showing a price increase of $11,030 with other options listed that you are required to add.

It will be interesting to see what super cruise can do in real world driving that some of the competitors with free adaptive cruise with lane keeping can not do. The Subaru would flash a warning after lane keeping had worked to put the car back in lane that said to keep my hands on the wheel, I guess with SC a person would not need to do that on certain lanes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Super Cruise requires zero driver input on highways, it will stay in lane, follow turns in road and not demand driver put hands on wheel as car steers itself because it knows hands are off the wheel, like I said, it's more like an auto pilot than the other available suites of safety features on other cars. Tesla has the only true analog to it in North America.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm curious to see how it works with real world roads and weather. Subaru's free eyesight system follows turns (as long as they are not too sharp) and stays in lane (except during heavy rain or when lane markers are absent, covered with snow, etc) but as noted after it corrects it tells you to put your hands back on wheel. Might be pretty slick and pretty robust about weather and road maintenance conditions, just do not know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have never driven one in bad weather yet, but I know it has limits. I've driven them on highways under construction, bridges, curvy highways, and it's pretty dang amazing. Every other driver aid I've ever experienced pales in comparison

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6L AWD Performance
500 Posts
Could be an error on the Cadillac "shopping tools" website or perhaps I am not understanding you correctly, when you attempt to place the $1900 package on an otherwise base CT5-V a pop up appears showing a price increase of $11,030 with other options listed that you are required to add.
You're both correct. The option structure dictates that every package has a price, but certain packages aren't tickable unless others are already ticked. It happens that the $1950 Driver Assist Package isn't available unless $9,080 of other options are added.

From what I know about the GM world, it's partially a matter of efficiency in design (adding co-dependent hardware) as well as a means to force higher transaction prices. Their Build & Price tool can be a bit confusing/frustrating, and I think it's an even worse experience when you try to build a Camaro.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts