Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm interested to see how much Super Cruise will cost (and what packages will be required to get it).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m sure it won’t be cheap based on prior model intros. Plus your point to the packages. This car already has many package dependencies. As great as the tech sounds, I live in a rural area and have minimal driving where super cruise would even work so not something I’d be interested in.

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze
23 Posts
Thanks for posting! Was just about to head to a dealer this weekend, going to wait now since I'd prefer a newer model year. Hopefully we'll get more details from GM before then. I'm guessing super cruise will cost an additional $7,000, maybe double that according to the CT6, plus probably require the executive package as well. Just a guess

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6L AWD Performance
501 Posts
I'm guessing super cruise will cost an additional $7,000, maybe double that according to the CT6, plus probably require the executive package as well. Just a guess
Since Super Cruise is going to be a $2500 option on the Escalade, I'll venture a guess that it could be similar on the CT5...of course that's only after you've ticked 'Platinum' and forced every other option box on the list to be added. So maybe $10-11,000 over and above the base price on a Premium Luxury or Sport trim...

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,490 Posts
Most likely Super Cruise will require, Driver Assist, Driver Awareness, Nav and whatever
packages those packages require.

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze
23 Posts
Anybody try to place an order yet? I'll be calling a couple dealers today to see if they can confirm anything

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice timing. I’ve read that orders open today for 2021 with Production start on Sept 28th.

I have a 2020 on order with production next week but still hedging and thinking about switching to 2021.

Another dealer told me 6 weeks before they can order 2021s. But maybe since small place and minimal allocation?

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze
23 Posts
Just spoke with a local dealer. They will start accepting 2021 orders the third week of August. Expect production to start mid to late September. He confirmed Super Cruise is coming but did not have any more info such as when those models will ship.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just spoke with a local dealer. They will start accepting 2021 orders the third week of August. Expect production to start mid to late September. He confirmed Super Cruise is coming but did not have any more info such as when those models will ship.
Just be careful with the dealers. I honestly think they know less than informed buyers. the owners and maybe GSM know the deal but most sales guys don’t.
2021 production starts Sept 28th. Assuming no further Covid issues that is.
Order guide says early 2021 for super cruise. That’s late Q1 assuming nothing changes. So you likely can’t order a supercrusie car until March. They’ll Likely stop taking orders for 2021s in April (this year was mid May but that was due to late production start of Nov). If your dealer doesn’t have allocation you won’t even be able to order a 2021 with SC.

not trying to be Debbie downer here but learning from experience.

When they launched CT5 in April 2019 they said SC would be available in 2020. Yes there was strike and Covid delays but I wouldnt believe any of their timing on SC this far in advance.

they talked up the 3.0tt in that same press release and 15 months later there are less than 500 nationwide.

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze
23 Posts
Just be careful with the dealers. I honestly think they know less than informed buyers. the owners and maybe GSM know the deal but most sales guys don’t.
2021 production starts Sept 28th. Assuming no further Covid issues that is.
Order guide says early 2021 for super cruise. That’s late Q1 assuming nothing changes. So you likely can’t order a supercrusie car until March. They’ll Likely stop taking orders for 2021s in April (this year was mid May but that was due to late production start of Nov). If your dealer doesn’t have allocation you won’t even be able to order a 2021 with SC.

not trying to be Debbie downer here but learning from experience.

When they launched CT5 in April 2019 they said SC would be available in 2020. Yes there was strike and Covid delays but I wouldnt believe any of their timing on SC this far in advance.

they talked up the 3.0tt in that same press release and 15 months later there are less than 500 nationwide.
Good point, talked to two dealers and none of them have any info about SC. Will have to just see how this plays out, hopefully some more info will surface later this year. Honestly can’t get my hopes up too high anyways with the possibility of Corona coming back for round two this fall...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was a somewhat blurry pic of the blackwing display in another thread in the V forums. That’s all I’ve seen.

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
1,000 Posts
The Diamond Sky Special Edition will not be available until after calendar year 2021. When will the paint color sample be available? Anxious to see what shade of blue it will be . . . should be very nice!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who knows on the sample probably later than we’d like. I feel like ‘model year’ has become less relevant. Every year now there are major things not ready at launch of the MY. In 2020 CT5 it was the 3.0TT. For 2021 it’s super cruise. And it’s not like it’s delayed a month, it’s like half a year. Production for 2021 starts sep 28 but I bet the first SC units will be March.

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze
23 Posts
Wow that looks nice, worth the wait IMO. I was kinda worried but they made it look pretty elegant with a good amount of info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm interested to see how much Super Cruise will cost (and what packages will be required to get it).
Meanwhile, you can not buy a dirt cheap (comparatively) Subaru without it unless you go with a manual transmission.
I enjoy it on my WRX, but to me it is not anywhere near worth adding $10,000 in option packages to get it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts