Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Cadillac XTS Cue favorites disappearing.

My car is two weeks old and my CUE system will not display my favorites. I can load them and then they are greyed out and I keep getting a message that states “favorite unavailable”

it has been in the shop and all they can tell me is that Cadillac is working on a fix.
Does anyone have any insight on this problem.

I’m very upset and disappointed with Cadillac and the lackadaisical attitude from the service department about this issue.

·
Registered
'18 XTS Luxury
311 Posts
Problem is well documented in the XTS forum. Everyone is in the wait for Cadillac mode and I must say, not very happy,

·
Premium Member
2019 XTS PremLux, 2019 XT4 Premlux
107 Posts
I've had a thought to file a small claims action here in California naming my dealer and Cadillac/GM. It's worth trying to convince a Judge that the loss of use of the CUE system is worth $15,000. to me and see where it goes. I think it can be proved that Cadillac/GM knowingly sells defective autos for the money thus making it fraud and that's a criminal offense.
Also, might be able to get a city/county D.A. or a state Attorney General office to step up.
GM doesn't like bad press.
A woman did the same to Honda about gas mileage and won and that kicked off a storm of small claims suits causing Honda to settle with each.

·
Registered
2013 ATS4 3.6L Premium
253 Posts
I've had a thought to file a small claims action here in California naming my dealer and Cadillac/GM. It's worth trying to convince a Judge that the loss of use of the CUE system is worth $15,000. to me and see where it goes. I think it can be proved that Cadillac/GM knowingly sells defective autos for the money thus making it fraud and that's a criminal offense.
Also, might be able to get a city/county D.A. or a state Attorney General office to step up.
GM doesn't like bad press.
A woman did the same to Honda about gas mileage and won and that kicked off a storm of small claims suits causing Honda to settle with each.
As long as you don't settle... there have been many that have, and in the process Caddy has avoided further action. If it goes through trial, then you'd have precedent which helps future lawsuits. I'm guessing the deal they offer is really good, just to keep people quiet...

I would love to join a Class Action as well, and I tried to get as much traction as I could with one of the companies. The other one never contacted me further. I was a primary on the first one, but then since I didn't have spider-webbing they dropped me. I think that's all they're going for, for now... mine failed before there were any visible marks.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
988 Posts
This is good news, but after 1 1/2 years still no software update to address the CUE screen display from defaulting to the home page when any other application is selected. I guess this issue is to hard for the Cadillac/GM Engineers to figure out and will probably get written off as a normal characteristic of the system:eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
2019 Cadillac XTS Cue favorites disappearing.

My car is two weeks old and my CUE system will not display my favorites. I can load them and then they are greyed out and I keep getting a message that states “favorite unavailable”

it has been in the shop and all they can tell me is that Cadillac is working on a fix.
Does anyone have any insight on this problem.

I’m very upset and disappointed with Cadillac and the lackadaisical attitude from the service department about this issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
David, I have posted on this exact issue with my 2018 XTS. Cadillac does not seem to have any interest in resolving this known problem which in my case has been ongoing since I purchased a year ago. I get the same line... “the engineers are working on it.” Meanwhile we have a so called luxury vehicle with sub par entertainment system and Cadillac seemingly has no interest in fixing this. I have seen the dealer and called Cadillac to no avail. Story is the same I think we are owed a new system but I’m afraid, based on the fact that you have a 2019 with the same issues, that there is no working CUE system in existence. In my personal opinion Cadillac is continuing to sell a known defective system to unsuspecting consumers. Breach of implied warranty?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I got my update done last week, ( with info shogun95 is referencing). Got all the buttons back. Note you have to go in and clear all your favorite stations and then resave, but they work I'm very glad.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I got my update done last week, ( with info shogun95 is referencing). Got all the buttons back. Note you have to go in and clear all your favorite stations and then resave, but they work I'm very glad.
UPDATE 11/29: Sorry to report but I started my car last night and half the favorite buttons had once again grayed out, by the end of the night only 3 remained usable. The newest update didn't work. I guess I will return to the dealer and ask them to try again? This is very frustrating.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 XTS and the same issue with setting favorites, turn off the car, then back on and favorites grayed out and “FAVORITE UNAVAILABLE” when you press it. We’ve been in the shop 5 times, they replaced the radio, and we’ve been in contact with GM so the engineering dept dealt with my dealer but the issue persists. We tried with and without setting up a “user”. We’re going through the process of a buyback, California Lemon Law, but they are not following the law nor are they giving us more than our one singular person to talk to. No supervisor has ever called after we ask on every.single.phone call. This began after they installed an update when we took it in following a recall notice. So they literally installed the problem. I would join a class action suit.

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
254 Posts
I am still at 22.8 and luckily never experienced he lack of favorites issue. I was just providing the information.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did this permanently fix your problem, or did it revert back as Morganga’s did?
The fix did not work. The gray out problem continued. I returned to my dealer last week to have ac compressor replaced (failed in a new car with less than 30K miles) and included the disappearing favorites issue that had not been corrected by the “ fix.” I was advised that the “ fix” had been updated as it didn’t work the first time. So far it has been about a week and my favorites, which all had to be loaded AGAIN are still there. We shall see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CUE is full of software issues. Most aggravating!!!
I had mine replaced in a 2018 due to the soft-touch being inop (I see Cadillac removed the soft touch/sensor interface in the new models).
it’s just a piece of crap. There’s no fix other than never buying again.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts