Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS Sedan
16 Posts
Has anyone with a 2018-2019 XTS had any issues with the CUE screen display defaulting to another display.
I can set my display for Audio and two to three days later the screen display will have defaulted to another display.
It makes no difference what display I setup on the screen, with in a few days it will default to a different display.
This has been going on since I purchased the car. I was also able to duplicate this issue for service with another new 2019 XTS on the lot. The service manger stated that there have been other complaints but so far there has not been a fix.
This is not a major problem just a slight nusiance to have to change the display back to the display that you commonly like.

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 06 SRX V6-AWD *** Gone - 08 DTS LuxIII, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
476 Posts
Here's an update ... but only as to what my dealership did ... too early to tell if it solved the issue.

I started having issues with my iPhone not staying paired to my car/CUE. Last week, I had called the dealership and spoke with my Adviser. She set me up for an appt today. When I got there, I was told that there is a USB Update for my car ... that supposedly fixes the complaints I've been having this whole time. The update is done, but I will have to wait and see if any issues continue.

The Labor Code is 3480848 "USB RADIO REPROGRAM - RADIO REPROGRAMMING THRU USB TO ADDRESS VARIOUS RADIO FAULTS" There is mention on my paperwork of a "SPS CODE - 80ZN29864821". I don't know what that is ... but I'm hoping you all out there that are having issues might be able to mention this update to your Service Advisers and I hope it works. Fingers crossed...

That said ... I'm quite upset that I've been trying to resolve this with GM/Cadillac and they keep saying "there's no fix right now, but when there is, you'll be contacted." I have NOT been contacted. And according to the Adviser at the dealership, this is not a BRAND NEW update. I've tried to look it up to see when it was issued, but I cannot find it.

What's more, a Sr Adviser with Cadillac called me and started to tell me that they're going to have to start the WHOLE process over again (start a new case) to issue the Accessory Voucher ... and that I'd have to wait until near the end of the month to even begin that process. I was going to a Dr appt and did not have time to get into it with him, so I asked him to call me back ... which he never did. I've tried calling a couple of times to get him and have asked to speak to his supervisor ... but no luck yet.

I can say that I'm mostly happy with my XTS ... and my dealership has been AMAZING (I keep telling them and Cadillac/GM so and I give them rave reviews on the surveys that come after my visits). It's Cadillac/GM themselves that are sending me over the edge. I feel as though they are playing games with me in the hopes that I'll just give up and walk away. I consider myself the 'King of Passive-Aggression' and am declaring "challenge accepted". It's not healthy ... I know ... but now, it's the principle of the matter. :confused:

·
Registered
'18 XTS Luxury
311 Posts
It's Cadillac/GM themselves that are sending me over the edge. I feel as though they are playing games with me in the hopes that I'll just give up and walk away.
From a customer service/support standpoint, sometimes you're only as good as your worst employee(s).

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I just received word from the Cadillac advisor that a software update for the CUE screen display selected app defaulting to the home page is to be released soon. We will just have to wait now and see just how long soon is😁

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I just received word from the Cadillac advisor that a software update for the CUE screen display selected app defaulting to the home page is to be released soon. We will just have to wait now and see just how long soon is😁
The Cadillac advisor gave miss information as this software update was the one for the greyed out station select issue.
I am not happy with Cadillac over this CUE issue nor the Cadillac advisor that was assigned to my case and have expressed my feelings to both her office and the office of Mary Barra

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 06 SRX V6-AWD *** Gone - 08 DTS LuxIII, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
476 Posts
I am not happy with Cadillac over this CUE issue nor the Cadillac advisor that was assigned to my case and have expressed my feelings to both her office and the office of Mary Barra
I'm also unhappy with Cadillac ... but I've gone about as far as I feel I can go with it. A couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by the Service Adviser (not my dealership, but from Cadillac) and told that they will need to START ALL OVER with my Accessory Certificate, even though they messed up the address they sent it to. On top of that, I have to wait until 11/23/19 in order to start the process all over again. They say that it is because they have to wait 90 days from when the first one was issued before they can reissue. So as of 11/23, I have to call back and open a new "case" to request the certificate. I wanted to continue going up the chain, but they said I was talking with the highest person that could address my concerns.

I've owned GM products (except for a year here and there, when I had a Lincoln and a Mercury) since 1991. This is our 4th Cadillac (the wife still has our 3rd one). We're not going to get rid of our Cadillacs, as Cadillac has already gotten their money from us for them. Selling/trading our Cadillacs now is not going to "teach them" anything. However, we've decided that when we replace our vehicles, it likely won't be with a GM product.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
I'm also unhappy with Cadillac ... but I've gone about as far as I feel I can go with it. A couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by the Service Adviser (not my dealership, but from Cadillac) and told that they will need to START ALL OVER with my Accessory Certificate, even though they messed up the address they sent it to. On top of that, I have to wait until 11/23/19 in order to start the process all over again. They say that it is because they have to wait 90 days from when the first one was issued before they can reissue. So as of 11/23, I have to call back and open a new "case" to request the certificate. I wanted to continue going up the chain, but they said I was talking with the highest person that could address my concerns.

I've owned GM products (except for a year here and there, when I had a Lincoln and a Mercury) since 1991. This is our 4th Cadillac (the wife still has our 3rd one). We're not going to get rid of our Cadillacs, as Cadillac has already gotten their money from us for them. Selling/trading our Cadillacs now is not going to "teach them" anything. However, we've decided that when we replace our vehicles, it likely won't be with a GM product.
I was never offered any such certificate and to be honest I have never heard of Cadillac/GM offering any such certificate in this situation. The $1,000.00 certificate that they offered you sounds like a lot and IMO it now sounds like they really do not want to issue the certificate.
The easy way for them to get out of this deal is to string you along and hope that you will just give up and not proceed with trying to get the certificate. What they are now asking you do is absolutely ludicrous.
I really like my 2019 XTS and still have no regrets about not trading my 2017 CT6 in for the 2019 CT6, but the way Cadillac addresses or does not address known issues has not sat well with me and it is because of this that I have let both the dealership as well as Cadillac customer service know that my next trade might not be with Cadillac:mad:
Since 1982 over the years I have now owned 7 new Cadillacs. In 2002 I purchased a new 2002 SLS that had so many issues that I walked away from Cadillac and traded for a 2002 Infinity Q45.
I returned to Cadillac in 2007 after a terrible experience with a new 2007 Lexus LS460 and traded for a new 2007 DTS, the best move I could have ever made as I recovered a lot of money with that deal. After Cadillac dropped the DTS and a major delay with the replacement STS I went for the 2010 Genesis 4.6. I returned to Cadillac when I traded my 2014 Jaguar XJ for a 2017 CT6 and from the 2017 CT6 to the 2019 XTS.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

I have not given up the fight over this default issue and I have reached out to Cadillac one last time as I contemplate arbitration.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Not that it helps, but yesterday, I called back to start the process of requesting my certificate to be re-sent. When I did, the Customer Relations Rep asked me about resolution of the issue; stating that she sees that there was an update for the Sirius XM issue (deleting presets). I told her yes ... and that I'm still waiting to see if it truly fixed the issue. But I also told her that I am still having the issue with the system defaulting to different screens (it continues to do that to this day). She said she is documenting that this issue is still occurring. They're supposed to be calling me tomorrow (2pm EST ... 11am my time).

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
Not that it helps, but yesterday, I called back to start the process of requesting my certificate to be re-sent. When I did, the Customer Relations Rep asked me about resolution of the issue; stating that she sees that there was an update for the Sirius XM issue (deleting presets). I told her yes ... and that I'm still waiting to see if it truly fixed the issue. But I also told her that I am still having the issue with the system defaulting to different screens (it continues to do that to this day). She said she is documenting that this issue is still occurring. They're supposed to be calling me tomorrow (2pm EST ... 11am my time).
Please keep me posted. I spoke with the advisor this morning and she is saying that when and if there is a software update for the default issue the service manager will be contacted.
She is also stating that she has no interactions with the Infotainment Engineers so she really has no Idea as to what that are doing and when it might be done.
I did tell her I thought it strange that a software update would be issued to cover a problem that really just occurred few months ago, while a problem that has been going on for now for a little over a year still goes unaddressed.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Please keep me posted.
Sure thing. (y)

I got into it with Customer Relations today. As I said, I called the other day to start the process all over again to get my $1000 Accessory Certificate. They called back today and said that they've approved and sent by mail a $750 certificate. I asked them why just $750. They said that is what was approved. I told them that I was promised $1000. They put me on hold and came back saying that they see the promise of $1000, but only $750 was approved. I told them that I've had enough game-playing and I wanted to know who to go to now. They are referring me back to a Senior Service Adviser. That person hasn't called yet. I've got their extension and will continue to call them. :mad:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Sure thing. (y)

I got into it with Customer Relations today. As I said, I called the other day to start the process all over again to get my $1000 Accessory Certificate. They called back today and said that they've approved and sent by mail a $750 certificate. I asked them why just $750. They said that is what was approved. I told them that I was promised $1000. They put me on hold and came back saying that they see the promise of $1000, but only $750 was approved. I told them that I've had enough game-playing and I wanted to know who to go to now. They are referring me back to a Senior Service Adviser. That person hasn't called yet. I've got their extension and will continue to call them. :mad:
Did they say anything about a software update for the default issue. I too had a heated discussion with my assigned Cadillac Customer Service advisor on yesterday over things that I was told that have not paned out. I learned from this conversation that these people in customer service are no more than pacifiers who have no real authority and no one with any real authority seems to have any real interactions with them. After they get done with giving you the run around and tricks they send you right back where you started, the service department.
I have learned to pick my battles and realize that this issue is not worth the fuss and is for that reason I will not waste my time filing for arbitration over this matter. I just hope that the CUE issues become such a problem for Cadillac and that enough people will complain that they will have to do something about our concern.
I know it is all about the principal, but if I were you I would take the $750.00 and run as that is far more than I was offered which is absolutely nothing.
Over all compared to the 2017 CT6 that I traded my 2019 XTS is a real dream and a joy to drive. I am even getting use to the 20" wheels and have become more acceptable of the pros and cons of 20" wheels. I do not intend to let this issue rob me of my joy of ownership, but whether or not my next car will be a Cadillac remains in the balance.

The service manager has assured me that he is willing to do what he can and if there is a software update or any repair released for the CUE scree selected APP returning to the Home screen APP he will let me know and I will do the same for you.

Enjoy you Thanksgiving🦃
MHT

·
Registered
2018 XTS Lux AWD
31 Posts
Update on the latest update from GM to fix the grayed out buttons issue, I had the dealer do the latest update last week. It didn't work, the buttons returned to the grayed-out state " Favorite not available" once again yesterday.:confused:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
Update on the latest update from GM to fix the grayed out buttons issue, I had the dealer do the latest update last week. It didn't work, the buttons returned to the grayed-out state " Favorite not available" once again yesterday.:confused:
The update that started this issue was 22.8 which was supposed to correct some XM Issues. I had the update performed to correct some problems that I had with XM and it did correct that issue. Fortunately I have not experienced the grayed out favorites that the update has caused.
The update did nothing for the CUE screen selected App returning to the Home App displays. I can live with this issue but the grayed out favorites would send me over the edge. If what you are saying is true, Cadillac may be in for a real wake up call as I do not know to many owners who will just want to live with this issue.

Please Read The Following and see if this helps you:
GM Infotainment Update Resolves Grayed-Out Favorites Issue

Sponsored Links

Some owners have reported an issue with their GM infotainment system wherein their favorite selections will be grayed out and inaccessible. Now, a new software update has been released that addresses the issue for Buick, Cadillac, and GMC customers.
As for the issue itself, affected customers will find their favorites grayed out on the infotainment screen, and will receive an error message that says the selection is currently unavailable when attempting to select it. The favorite can be re-saved, which will make the functionality work again briefly. However, the favorite but may again become grayed out and un-selectable later.

Users may have experienced this issue following the GM infotainment 22.8 radio software update. This update may have been performed either from the dealer, or via an over-the-air update.
Earlier this year, GM advised dealers and customers that it was aware of the issue and was working towards a workable solution. That solution is now available though the latest GM infotainment radio software update S22.9. The software update is offered via technical service bulletin (TSB) 19-NA-249.
Note that while the GM infotainment S22.9 software update will prevent favorites from greying out as before, the fix will require the user to identify the currently grayed-out favorites, manually tune to the desired station or stations, and press and hold Favorite to re-save the selection. This process must be followed after the completion of the S22.9 software update.

Affected customers include those with vehicles equipped with infotainment systems that fall under the RPO codes IOS, IOT, or IOU. This could potentially impact the following vehicles:

·
Registered
2018 XTS Lux AWD
31 Posts
Thanks MHT, that is actually the page I showed dealer when I made the appointment. I'm going to try and clear the favorites again and reset and see how that goes, if it doesn't then back to the dealer I'll go...ugh.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Thanks MHT, that is actually the page I showed dealer when I made the appointment. I'm going to try and clear the favorites again and reset and see how that goes, if it doesn't then back to the dealer I'll go...ugh.
You can also check your car and verify the updates to your CUE.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Did they say anything about a software update for the default issue. I too had a heated discussion with my assigned Cadillac Customer Service advisor on yesterday over things that I was told that have not paned out. I learned from this conversation that these people in customer service are no more than pacifiers who have no real authority and no one with any real authority seems to have any real interactions with them. After they get done with giving you the run around and tricks they send you right back where you started, the service department.
I have learned to pick my battles and realize that this issue is not worth the fuss and is for that reason I will not waste my time filing for arbitration over this matter. I just hope that the CUE issues become such a problem for Cadillac and that enough people will complain that they will have to do something about our concern.
I know it is all about the principal, but if I were you I would take the $750.00 and run as that is far more than I was offered which is absolutely nothing.
Over all compared to the 2017 CT6 that I traded my 2019 XTS is a real dream and a joy to drive. I am even getting use to the 20" wheels and have become more acceptable of the pros and cons of 20" wheels. I do not intend to let this issue rob me of my joy of ownership, but whether or not my next car will be a Cadillac remains in the balance.

The service manager has assured me that he is willing to do what he can and if there is a software update or any repair released for the CUE scree selected APP returning to the Home screen APP he will let me know and I will do the same for you.

Enjoy you Thanksgiving🦃
MHT
No, the Cadillac Rep did not mention the issue ... she only documented that I was still having the defaulting issue.

I completely agree that the Reps are just there to pacify the customers who call in. Unfortunately, they don't always do it very well. It was pretty offensive the way the one I talked to the other day basically just said (paraphrasing) "yeah, I see they offered you $1000, but Cadillac is only willing to pay out $750". She said it in such a way that I was expecting her next words to be "oh, well..." or "just be happy you're getting the $750..." It was very frustrating.

I'm mulling over how far to go with this. They gave me the number of the Senior Service Adviser. I'm going to call on Monday and see what she has to say. But I agree that I have to decide whether it's worth it to keep fighting, as it is affecting how I'm feeling about my car. At the moment, I'm having to consciously remind myself why I bought my XTS. I do like my car, but it doesn't always feel like it. My wife is already set on not buying another Cadillac when it's time to replace her SRX.

I'm hoping that Cadillac will step up and rectify this situation soon.

We had a great Thanksgiving. Hope you did, as well. Cheers!

UPDATE: My Accessory Certificate $750 arrived today. I'm going to speak to the Sr Service Adviser before I decide on using it. I don't want them to say that by redeeming the $750, I'm accepting that as "payment in full" and then, they'll refuse to send the rest.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Can you still see the station number on the screen, example XM (39 Easy )? If so move the radio station selector on the steering wheel forward or backward and then back to the station that you are trying to select and see what happens.

·
Registered
2018 XTS Lux AWD
31 Posts
Can you still see the station number on the screen, example XM (39 Easy )? If so move the radio station selector on the steering wheel forward or backward and then back to the station that you are trying to select and see what happens.
Hi, thanks, yes can I see, they are grayed out like before and no I can't use the steering wheel selector either the same as it was before also "Favorite not available". I've gone through all the reset procedures in the past and yes my unit has been updated (that's what caused this). And then again week ago at the dealer.
One troubling thing is when they did this lastest update they removed my item's stored behind the HVAC control panel and I can't figure out why, I thought the update is done via the USB port in the armrest.
I'll need to wait and see if GM comes up with something new.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Hi, thanks, yes can I see, they are grayed out like before and no I can't use the steering wheel selector either the same as it was before also "Favorite not available". I've gone through all the reset procedures in the past and yes my unit has been updated (that's what caused this). And then again week ago at the dealer.
One troubling thing is when they did this lastest update they removed my item's stored behind the HVAC control panel and I can't figure out why, I thought the update is done via the USB port in the armrest.
I'll need to wait and see if GM comes up with something new.
The update is done over the air or by USB. It sounds like you need to get it back into service so they can see what happens with items stored behind the HVAC control panel.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts