Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS Sedan
15 Posts
Has anyone with a 2018-2019 XTS had any issues with the CUE screen display defaulting to another display.
I can set my display for Audio and two to three days later the screen display will have defaulted to another display.
It makes no difference what display I setup on the screen, with in a few days it will default to a different display.
This has been going on since I purchased the car. I was also able to duplicate this issue for service with another new 2019 XTS on the lot. The service manger stated that there have been other complaints but so far there has not been a fix.
This is not a major problem just a slight nusiance to have to change the display back to the display that you commonly like.

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 06 SRX V6-AWD *** Gone - 08 DTS LuxIII, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
470 Posts
Here's an update ... but only as to what my dealership did ... too early to tell if it solved the issue.

I started having issues with my iPhone not staying paired to my car/CUE. Last week, I had called the dealership and spoke with my Adviser. She set me up for an appt today. When I got there, I was told that there is a USB Update for my car ... that supposedly fixes the complaints I've been having this whole time. The update is done, but I will have to wait and see if any issues continue.

The Labor Code is 3480848 "USB RADIO REPROGRAM - RADIO REPROGRAMMING THRU USB TO ADDRESS VARIOUS RADIO FAULTS" There is mention on my paperwork of a "SPS CODE - 80ZN29864821". I don't know what that is ... but I'm hoping you all out there that are having issues might be able to mention this update to your Service Advisers and I hope it works. Fingers crossed...

That said ... I'm quite upset that I've been trying to resolve this with GM/Cadillac and they keep saying "there's no fix right now, but when there is, you'll be contacted." I have NOT been contacted. And according to the Adviser at the dealership, this is not a BRAND NEW update. I've tried to look it up to see when it was issued, but I cannot find it.

What's more, a Sr Adviser with Cadillac called me and started to tell me that they're going to have to start the WHOLE process over again (start a new case) to issue the Accessory Voucher ... and that I'd have to wait until near the end of the month to even begin that process. I was going to a Dr appt and did not have time to get into it with him, so I asked him to call me back ... which he never did. I've tried calling a couple of times to get him and have asked to speak to his supervisor ... but no luck yet.

I can say that I'm mostly happy with my XTS ... and my dealership has been AMAZING (I keep telling them and Cadillac/GM so and I give them rave reviews on the surveys that come after my visits). It's Cadillac/GM themselves that are sending me over the edge. I feel as though they are playing games with me in the hopes that I'll just give up and walk away. I consider myself the 'King of Passive-Aggression' and am declaring "challenge accepted". It's not healthy ... I know ... but now, it's the principle of the matter. :confused:

·
Registered
'18 XTS Luxury
311 Posts
It's Cadillac/GM themselves that are sending me over the edge. I feel as though they are playing games with me in the hopes that I'll just give up and walk away.
From a customer service/support standpoint, sometimes you're only as good as your worst employee(s).

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I just received word from the Cadillac advisor that a software update for the CUE screen display selected app defaulting to the home page is to be released soon. We will just have to wait now and see just how long soon is😁

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I just received word from the Cadillac advisor that a software update for the CUE screen display selected app defaulting to the home page is to be released soon. We will just have to wait now and see just how long soon is😁
The Cadillac advisor gave miss information as this software update was the one for the greyed out station select issue.
I am not happy with Cadillac over this CUE issue nor the Cadillac advisor that was assigned to my case and have expressed my feelings to both her office and the office of Mary Barra

81 - 85 of 85 Posts