Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Think there might be a recall out on this. I had one for my 18 XTS
What was the nature of the recall and have you had your car in for the recall and If so were your issues resolved?
So far I have not seen any recall notice for this issue.

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 06 SRX V6-AWD *** Gone - 08 DTS LuxIII, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
476 Posts
There was a recall ... and my dealership did the recall ... but it did not resolve anything. If anything, it made the issues occur slightly more frequently.

By the way ... Cadillac have called me and have offered me a $750 voucher for their accessories dept as a way to apologize for the inconvenience (I've had my car in about 6 or 7 times for this issue). I've yet to receive it, but it's supposed to be on it's way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What was the nature of the recall and have you had your car in for the recall and If so were your issues resolved?
So far I have not seen any recall notice for this issue.
Recall was for software issue on CUE screen. Dealer reprogrammed and no problem since

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
There was a recall ... and my dealership did the recall ... but it did not resolve anything. If anything, it made the issues occur slightly more frequently.

By the way ... Cadillac have called me and have offered me a $750 voucher for their accessories dept as a way to apologize for the inconvenience (I've had my car in about 6 or 7 times for this issue). I've yet to receive it, but it's supposed to be on it's way.
If they were to offer me anything I would rather have $750.00 in rewards points.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
My screen started defaulting more frequently a few days a go and it defaults back more to the Home page all APP's Icon page more than Audio, Nav and Climate all in one page. It will probably do this for a few days and than it will revert back to where the default is not as frequent.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,537 Posts
"There was a recall ... and my dealership did the recall ... but it did not resolve anything. If anything, it made the issues occur slightly more frequently. "

Recalls are for safety-related issues.

CUE OS updates are installed when your car is serviced.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
"There was a recall ... and my dealership did the recall ... but it did not resolve anything. If anything, it made the issues occur slightly more frequently. "

Recalls are for safety-related issues.

CUE OS updates are installed when your car is serviced.
I just got off the phone with the Cadillac Customer Service Advisor and was told that engineering is still working on the CUE Screen Display default issue. They are supposed to be working on a software update, but no date of when such an update would be available was known.

·
Registered
'18 XTS Luxury
311 Posts
Did you ever get your voucher? Just curious.

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 06 SRX V6-AWD *** Gone - 08 DTS LuxIII, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
476 Posts
Did you ever get your voucher? Just curious.
Not yet ... a week ago, I called and asked where it is. They told me that it could take 4-6 weeks to arrive and it had been almost 4 weeks.

Last Friday, I spoke with my Service Adviser and this morning, I spoke to Customer Relations again. I told them that I wanted to know if there's any progress ... whether they found a fix yet. Both told me that they've not found a fix yet, but are working on it. The CR Rep told me today that I will be notified as soon as a fix is found. I have a strong suspicion that nothing is happening; that they are less-than-concerned about this issue.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Not yet ... a week ago, I called and asked where it is. They told me that it could take 4-6 weeks to arrive and it had been almost 4 weeks.

Last Friday, I spoke with my Service Adviser and this morning, I spoke to Customer Relations again. I told them that I wanted to know if there's any progress ... whether they found a fix yet. Both told me that they've not found a fix yet, but are working on it. The CR Rep told me today that I will be notified as soon as a fix is found. I have a strong suspicion that nothing is happening; that they are less-than-concerned about this issue.
This was the very same thing I was told a few days ago. I too wonder how concern they are about getting any of the CUE issues resolved. I had read somewhere that due to the issue with the CUE in previous year models that the Updated CUE that went into the 2018-2019 MY was out sourced to a different vendor, I think Panasonic. If true it looks like outsourcing has proven to futile:eek:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
It has been a year and 1 month and still no solution from Cadillac on the CUE screen display defaulting from selected setting to the Home page settings. All I get is Cadillac engineers are working on a software update. Perhaps all of who are having any kind of issue with the CUE should be like GM workers and go no strike:mad:

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,537 Posts
I think CUE Software Engineering has given you their answer. . .

Your symptoms fall under "Operator Inconvenience". They have bigger fish to fry with new models being released and system code to complete across multiple models. Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix that may never materialize.

CCC

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Or a Voucher that may never materialize.
After sending a lengthy email to both my customer service advisor and Cadillac Executive Referral, I received a phone call from my advisor stating that Cadillac Engineers still does not have a resolution and the strike was not helping in getting things moved along.
My reply was basically Cadillac probably would not be doing anything and that this would be a small inconvenience we would have to perhaps live with so maybe a fix will come when that voucher materializes🎃

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brand new car..... just lost comfort and convenience setting. They were there, puff....gone.

Do I have to do a factory reset? maybe that will work, then lose all my dam setting.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
So far my only CUE issue is the settings defaulting to the Home screen. One year and two months and still no fix.The Cadillac advisor is still blowing the same old smoke, Cadillac engineers are aware and are working on it. A few days ago I was talking with her and she said the strike had everything held up.
I have since deleted not only Cadillac Executive referral from my contact list but I have also deleted my service manger from my contact list. If there is any information regarding a fix they will have to contact me as I will not be wasting any more time contacting them at least as far as this matter is concerned.
I consider myself pretty lucky as so far I have yet to experience some of the more serious issues with the CUE that some owners are reporting.

Good luck and I guess hang on in there and may the force be with you:eek:

·
Registered
476 Posts
After two months of not receiving anything from Cadillac, I called a couple of days ago and asked "what's going on with this?" and "where's my voucher?" I got very perturbed when the Customer Service Rep said "I don't see that a voucher was sent or offered...". I started recounting the different phone calls I've had to make to them and telling them that it is very concerning that they would treat their customers in this manner. The Rep said he'd look into it and call back the next day. Next day ... NOTHING. I called them and told them again about how they are treating their customers. The lady looked into my case and said that they did send the voucher ... but when I asked what address they sent it to, they got the street name wrong. The rest was correct. She said they're going to resend it ... but due to the inconvenience, they're going to send $1000, instead of the $750. We'll see if it ever materializes.

And by the way ... I'm still getting the now infamous "they're working on the issue and we'll contact you when we have a fix ..."

·
Registered
476 Posts
New update ... I've recently gotten a new phone (an iPhone). I used to have a Google Pixel 2XL. With the Pixel, I had no problems with pairing via Bluetooth. With the iPhone, I'm having problems where it won't connect ... I have to have it plugged in. I don't know if it's related to the defaulting issue (which happens at least once/week) or related to the deleting radio presets. Maybe, it's a completely separate issue, altogether.

They said there's a recent software update (from late-August), but my car was seen in September, so they believe that my car has all of the latest updates. Nevertheless, they're going to check my car out next week. Here we go again.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
New update ... I've recently gotten a new phone (an iPhone). I used to have a Google Pixel 2XL. With the Pixel, I had no problems with pairing via Bluetooth. With the iPhone, I'm having problems where it won't connect ... I have to have it plugged in. I don't know if it's related to the defaulting issue (which happens at least once/week) or related to the deleting radio presets. Maybe, it's a completely separate issue, altogether.

They said there's a recent software update (from late-August), but my car was seen in September, so they believe that my car has all of the latest updates. Nevertheless, they're going to check my car out next week. Here we go again.
Make certain that you have deleted everything from the Google Pixel 2XL from including ignore this device.
Delete your iPhone including ignore this device and try repairing it.
The last software update I had was in June and since than I have not heard nor been told of any other update. As I have stated the last I heard is that they are still waiting on another software update, but at this point I am like whatever.
I will check with service and see if the know anything about a late August update and what that update may have been for.
I wish that had offered me a $1,000.00 Voucher.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a Class-Action lawsuit against GM , due to CUE system quality and performance problems. Check into it, and let the Service Manager at your dealership know that you are unhappy with the response from GM and the Dealership, and that you intend to take part in the Class-action lawsuit.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts