Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought an XT 4 end of December love the car and it is certified pre owned. Dealership can't seem to figure out where the leak is coming from did dye test told me camshaft seal said they ordered parts 4 weeks later I take it in. It is there for 2 days because they needed another seal get it back still leaking and RO says they replaced the engine cover???? Regardless nothing is fixed. Any suggestions of what I say to mechanics to help them lol

· Registered
'19 XT4, '13 CTS-V coupe
103 Posts
Here's what you say, "You didn't fix it. If you can't fix it, I want my money back." You may need to take it to another repair shop who can properly diagnose the problem and repair it.

· Registered
'19 XT4, '13 CTS-V coupe
103 Posts
Cam carrier is a common leak source on those and there is a service bulletin for it. It’s a tricky leak to see because it usually leaks down the back of the engine
Thanks for your reply to help the member out. What's ironic is that the customer shouldn't have to point out to the highly trained Cadillac technician to the possible source of the problem and go read the tsb. Cadillac should pay the customers who do the diagnosis for the techs who can't, lol.

· Registered
2019 XT4 Sport, 1977 TA, 2009 Solstice GXP, 2009 G8 GT, 1995 Firehawk, 1995 Formula Convertible
2 Posts
Our 2019 Sport has been in the shop twice for that oil leak. First in August 2021 and then again in June 2022. Same issue, same repair. The first time, we were without the XT4 for 5 weeks while they waited on a new gasket to arrive. Thankfully, we had another vehicle to drive because it was summertime in Michigan. If it had been the winter…

13,031 Posts
Our 2019 Sport has been in the shop twice for that oil leak. First in August 2021 and then again in June 2022. Same issue, same repair. The first time, we were without the XT4 for 5 weeks while they waited on a new gasket to arrive. Thankfully, we had another vehicle to drive because it was summertime in Michigan. If it had been the winter…
This is certainly not what we like to hear, 77TA-SE. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2019 XT4 Sport. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: 77TA-SE/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

· Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up my 2019 XT4 Sport from the dealer service department today after exactly 2 months there due to them "awaiting the proper tooling" to fix a persistent oil leak. I purchased the vehicle new and have over 60,000 miles. The engine cover gasket had been changed 3 times already over the past few years, and the service department, after my insistence from information I read on this thread, finally agreed that it was the cam carrier that was the source of the leak. I hope that this is the final fix of what has been a nagging problem since I actually do like this vehicle, its driving dynamics, comfort, looks, and size. It's a shame though that my experience will forever sour my trust to purchase a Cadillac, or by extension, a GM vehicle again. GM obviously is well aware of this defect due to its service bulletin, so there is no excuse for anyone to have to wait so long for this issue to be fixed.

· Registered
2019 XT4 Sport, 1977 TA, 2009 Solstice GXP, 2009 G8 GT, 1995 Firehawk, 1995 Formula Convertible
2 Posts
The dealership had our 2019 XT4 Sport for over four weeks this fall, partially due to an accidental impact with a wild animal, but also to have the oil leak fixed yet again. This time, they diagnosed the leak as coming from the cam carrier. Despite other issues with the repair (the under hood area was an unacceptable mess after the repair work), we’re monitoring for the oil leak to return. It’s been about a month, and so far, so good. 🤞

1 - 10 of 10 Posts