Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2019 with some front end damage. I removed the radiator and all front end.

I was able to find the two front end replacement parts for the front impact bar to bolt to. I have the driver side and passenger side on order.

Here's my question.

The passenger side is ok for the cushion that supports the radiator bracket.

The driver side didn't have the same luck.

See attached pics of the driver side and passenger side.

I have looked and looked online to see if I can find a new metal bracket to replace the bent/torn driver side but haven't found one yet.

Does this replacement part exist?

I would rather not buy the entire front half frame bracket for $1500...So I'm looking for ideas.

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Font Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle brake Crankset

· Registered
96 FWB
4,546 Posts
To answer your question, after you've exhausted your own searching you can get a 1-month online subscription to the entire Factory Service Manual in .pdf from here and check: Do It Yourself Automotive Repair Information | ALLDATA DIY

You'll either find the info in there, or at least you'll know you need to be nice and bribe a repair shop to give you the needed layout and dims. You'll also confirm it's very much worth buying a used hardcopy of the FSM.
BTW, I also agree with rodnok01. Just bend it back using using dims. to match the lay-up of other side.

Reactions: griffey_mojo

· 2009 Escalade
1,703 Posts
Nice work. Glad to see you’ve got the carpet to work on. The little things make a huge difference when you’ve got to spend a lotta time in one place.

The inside of the rims look shiny, like fresh fluid. The ends of the a/c hose look different than the rest too. It’d be a dream to swap out a leaking a/c line now.

I’m not trying to be a negative Nanny by any means. Just citing the huge opportunity to head off any a/c issues while it’s all apart. Check out this read ….

Thanks for posting the pics and the process. It becomes a resource for millions and a timesaver for others that let’s us keep the dough in our pockets where it belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for checking in Pete.

Project is getting close to the end. Here are a couple pics.

I have new rubber being put on on the 28th. After that I'm going to take it to a body shop to have the bare metal spots painted so it doesn't rust, then to the graphics place to get the new 'salvage' parts wrapped to match the rest of the vehicle.

There are just a couple minor issues remaining.

1. Passenger side mirror camera isn't working. wiring?
2. Adaptive cruise control isn't working. programming?
3. Service driver assist system error.
4. Still need to get the driver door to properly line up. Tweaked slightly in the crash.

Not sure if these all tie together or what yet.

One of the parking sensors was damaged on the 2019. I had one on the 2020 front end that I bought from the salvage yard. The distance sensor was also damaged on the 2019 so I used the one on the 2020. Not sure if these need to be 'programmed' or something.

But that's where I am.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

· 2009 Escalade
1,703 Posts
Looking good. The salvage parts will almost always work the first time because they’ve come from vehicles that’ve already been programmed. If you have access to preloved parts, use em.

The other stuff is just like eating an elephant. Do it a bite at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From the information that I found...I show they have 23428268 sensor and 23428269 sensor. Both the 2019 and 2020.

I have to be honest and say I didn't check the numbers on the sensors before I swapped them.

The good news is that that part of the park assist system seems to be working correctly.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MLM -

The long distance sensor was working for a bit. Then I removed the front bumper again. I must have bumped the sensor out of alignment.

As you can see by the picture. I have the "long range radar sensor module misaligned - angled up" error.

Attachments

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looking into the long range radar module mounted on the front. 84511374.

This is the module giving me the 'misaligned angled up' issue.

I'm thinking this might be shot as everytime the truck 'wakes' up I can hear the solenoid or some noise coming from this module.

Gonna swap it out and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts