Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2016 CTS-V
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you escalade owner have leaks from your Driver/Passenger doors. After hurricane Sandy departed NW Florida I noticed that I had a puddle on the weather tech floor mate passenger side, also the A piller had water stain and was still wet to the touch. Carpet below weather tech mate was soaked as water seaped doen throught the round locking push tabs on mate. I just purchased my escalade in Apr so not happy I have a leak already. Call dealership and they can't get me in until the 28, weeks after I called because I know they'll have to keep my vehicle and I want a loaner because i live 25 miles from dealership. I was thinking maybe the drain line from sun roof buy who knows! Just want it taken care due to how much this SUV cost!!!

v/r
Mike P.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,765 Posts
Heavy rains/winds like a hurricane can overwhelm the sunroof drain system. You might not have an actual leak problem just flooded drain system problem.

·
Registered
2015i ESV
36 Posts
Any of you escalade owner have leaks from your Driver/Passenger doors. After hurricane Sandy departed NW Florida I noticed that I had a puddle on the weather tech floor mate passenger side, also the A piller had water stain and was still wet to the touch. Carpet below weather tech mate was soaked as water seaped doen throught the round locking push tabs on mate. I just purchased my escalade in Apr so not happy I have a leak already. Call dealership and they can't get me in until the 28, weeks after I called because I know they'll have to keep my vehicle and I want a loaner because i live 25 miles from dealership. I was thinking maybe the drain line from sun roof buy who knows! Just want it taken care due to how much this SUV cost!!!

v/r
Mike P.
There”s also a service bulletin out regarding the Onstar/XM antenna. Ours had a cracked gasket underneath it which allowed water into the ceiling, down the pillar etc.

·
Registered
2020 Escalade 4WD
26 Posts
Before giving the car to the dealer I would check all the gaskets and seals on the places mentioned above posts. You might have one seal that got "turned under" or gasket torn a bit. Don't underestimate how much water can enter the tiniest break in the seal when rain is blowing. Also, water can travel a long way before it exits.

This also happens on boats, water can go 15' before making its presence known. a real pain to find, but satisfying to fix. No one at a dealership will take the time to track the leak like you can. use tissue or talcum powder in places to see if they get wet as you hose your Escapee's

12,821 Posts

v/r
Mike P.

We are certainly sorry to hear of these frustrations, Mike. So we may best assist, please send an email to [email protected], ATTN: Mikevette. Please include a brief description of your concern, VIN and current mileage. We will be looking out for your response.

To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heavy rains/winds like a hurricane can overwhelm the sunroof drain system. You might not have an actual leak problem just flooded drain system problem.
Dealership used their water simulator, sprayed water on sun roof area, windshield and passenger side door window area and couldn't duplicate the leak. I even provided them with pictures from day standing water was found along with water stain on A-pillar. I was told for warranty work to honored that I must bring vehicle in that day to manager can take his own pic's with dealership camera for warranty work to be legit!!!! I life 27 miles from dealership so all that standing water on my Cadillac rubber mat would be all over my carpet. They said they flushed both sun roof drains, that didn't have any issues! Mentioned that all the heavy rain we had might have over whelmed the sun roof drain system!! B.S.!!! I have had several GM vehicles with sunroofs that sit outside 24/7 and never had a leak issues.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I was told for warranty work to honored that I must bring vehicle in that day to manager can take his own pic's with dealership camera for warranty work to be legit!!!!
That’s not at all true whatsoever. That’s just this guy’s way of trying to wiggle out of the conversation. They don’t need picture documentation of a water leak to fix a water leak under warranty.
I can understand them not finding a water leak, those can be extremely tricky to find. The usual suspects are the sunroof drains, windshield, the shark fin antenna on the roof and sometimes doors/windows. But there are other very strange water leaks that pop up occasionally. Sucks they couldn’t find anything.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had to bring my Escalade back to dealership after Hurricane Delta passed because my leak was back, wet stain on "A" pillar and water on floor mate. Dropped it off last Monday for leak and drivers side passenger door isn't flush when closed! Got a call yesterday that they found my leaks, Shark fine area and top right side of windshield seal was leaking also. Now I have to bring truck to Chevy dealership that has a body shop to help align my doors that hanging out on the rear. I tried to move the lock strike plate in but there's no adjust for in position.

I looked at a brand new Escalade in the show room and it had the same door alignment issue also but not as bad, poor quality control at the factory!!! For what they charge for these vehicles I would expect better from Cadillac.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Just to clarify the door alignment issue... is it the rear edge of the drivers side rear door? Not flush with the body?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the Fwd edge of driver side rear door is in/below driver door. The Aft edge of rear passenger door is raised up from rear body panel. When viewed from the rear of the vehicle looking down the side towards the front it's very noticeable. When sitting in drivers seat view the rear passenger door through the side mirror it very noticeable. I have 2020 Escalade ESV as a loaner and it has the same type of door issue on the same side and location. I went to the dealerships showroom where they have a NEW 2020 Escalade on display, sure as day it has an a door alignment issue also, same door. Cadillac has a assembly line issue with fitment of these doors to this vehicle body or the individual doing the install on the line is performing an incorrect door install/alignment. The dealership is sending my Escalade to a Chevy dealerships body to have them address my door alignment issue. I hope this goes well! My water leak was finally identified and solved!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I hate to say this but sometimes they do that on purpose for windnoise reduction. Its like scales on a fish. The air flows off one panel and the scale effect causes the airflow to jump the gap for better windnoise reduction. Sunroof glass is adjusted the same way. The front edge should be slightly below the roof sheet metal and the rear edge above for the best windnoise reduction.
So what you perceive as an issue might be a design intention and that’s why they all have it. It may not be a factory quality issue if that’s the adjustment specification from engineering.

·
Registered
2020 Escalade 4WD
26 Posts
I just looked on my 2020 Esc - the doors are perfectly aligned. smooth. there's no jump from the back of the driver door to the front of the passenger door.

my hood is also aligned nicely, though the gap between hood edge and the qtr panel is slightly wider on the driver side than it is on passenger side. not enough to complain or adjust, no one but me would notice. the hood is perfectly flat to the vertical height of the qtr panel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts