Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Oak....25% is legal in Texas. I did 30% all the way around.

@Richard....I agree. They should all come like this from factory.

@alan........I believe that the wrap is an Avery product. It's possible that Avery uses 3M adhesive on back but not sure. The parts that were wrapped were front grill surround, rear boot horizontal piece, parts of the V logo on the sides, the window trims and door handles. Also lightly tinted the side marker lights because they stuck out.

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
I'll tell you why I don't like this...
When you can't see what kind of car it is, it could be a darn Camry for God's sake. Tons of guys with cheap cars do this.
Personally, I want people to see what it is!!!! LOL

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
238 Posts
I'll tell you why I don't like this...
When you can't see what kind of car it is, it could be a darn Camry for God's sake. Tons of guys with cheap cars do this.
Personally, I want people to see what it is!!!! LOL
I definitely think you can tell this car apart from a Camry. Its very distinctive, I kind of see your point. But it doesn't look cheap at all.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux
68 Posts
Sell the M5! :) Tint is not legal in any state it seems. 50% here and that's a JOKE! Cops in my area generally don't care though provided you aren't breaking another law, or are running like 5%, especially on the windshield! That get's to be insane, inmo.

I worry about insurance implications, not so much the fix it "ticket." If you hit someone and you have 5% tint or whatever it takes to be illegal, your insurance company may try to weasel their way out of covering you, or worse the other car could win a civil suit against you cuz of something as dumb as illegal tint. Some of it is just obnoxious though. You've seen the cars that literally look like they painted the windows black. That's a bit much.

This is a cool mod! Although you do see it on rice burners/crap cars a lot, but looks sweet on the CTS!

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
Yes I hear ya....It's cool looking but I want people to see that badge and certain elements that make it recognizable as the amazing expensive car that it is

·
Premium Member
2019 CTS-V Sedan
18 Posts
It will be interesting to see how well the door handles hold up with the wrap instead of paint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my second V about a month ago. I didn't realize ALL the windows had 5% on them until I went somewhere when the sun was up and then left when the sun went down. Couldn't see ANYTHING.
Next day, and $240.00 later, all the tint was gone. :) View attachment 573903

1 - 17 of 17 Posts