Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2019 CTS NAV problem

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DADW 
#1 ·
I have a 2019 CTS with a Nav that works sometimes. The Nav will work and then go someplace stop the car and start again and it starts initializing and never connects. I have had the car back to dealer and they have replaced the SD Card. I have had the car back to dealer 4 times since SD Card replaced. Dealer says bring it in when Nav not working which I have done so. This last time service manager said that electronics work and sometimes they don't. Another thing was set for a half hour and see if it connects. The car has less than 2000 miles on it. I have had numerous GM products over the years all with Nav and never had this problem. I had a 2017 XT5 before this 2019 CTS and never had a problem. Recent trip I took beside Nav working part time was it said Side detection not working but only was on screen a few seconds different times. I have searched to see if this is a systemic problem or one just to this car.

Has anyone had this Nav problem?

#2 ·
I have the same issue. Took the car to the dealer, since they couldn't get the system to duplicate the issue, nothing was done. It happened again yesterday. At a traffic light I shut the car off, open the driver's door for over 10 seconds to try and "reboot" the system without success. A few hours later when I started the car, if loaded correctly.

So frustrating. I really like the car but this and a transmission issue the dealer can't duplicate has me within a frog's hair of trading it in.

#3 ·
I have the same issue. Took the car to the dealer, since they couldn't get the system to duplicate the issue, nothing was done. It happened again yesterday. At a traffic light I shut the car off, open the driver's door for over 10 seconds to try and "reboot" the system without success. A few hours later when I started the car, if loaded correctly.

So frustrating. I really like the car but this and a transmission issue the dealer can't duplicate has me within a frog's hair of trading it in.
I have had this problem for a year. Like you I thought about doing business with a different dealer since the service was incapable of fixing problem. The Nav problem is a hit or miss problem. The dealership wanted my car again and was in contact with Cadillac about Nav. Cadillac wanted to know certain specifics about problem. Will let you know if they can figure out malfunction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.