Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XTS Luxury, 2001 STS, 2006 DTS, 2007 Escalade EXT (son's)
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2018 XTS Luxury and it's been to the dealer once for the navigation screen going black, they said they could not repeat it. Well now it's happening more often, actually I have a video of this while it was happening. It is going to the dealer next Tuesday (a week from today), looking for suggestions. So when this happens it only effects the navigation, I can switch to any other screen and they work fine. It was only happening on a startup, but today it was working fine then just went black while I was driving. I came out several hours later and it worked fine. I bought the car a few months ago checked the vehicle history and it was only in for recalls, it is almost out of warranty so I am a little worried about it not being fixed. I read a few posts but no one every comments what, if anything, fixed their problem.

·
Registered
2005 STS4 4.6L
30 Posts
My screen did this when i had a nav from the battery being disconnected. I got a new radio and it was fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For all of you with the 2018 CTS/XTS with the CUE Radio Nav System. Cadillac does not have a fix where nav fails to load upon starting the car at different times. I have found there is a way to get Nav up and working when it fails to start up. Go to settings on the face of your monitor, scroll down to Running Applications. Find Nav and hit "stop". It will give you a warning that it could cause complications. After hitting stop, exit out and go to the Nav Icon and it will start and run properly. $60K cars and this is the best Chevrolet can do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

12,821 Posts
So I have a 2018 XTS Luxury and it's been to the dealer once for the navigation screen going black, they said they could not repeat it. Well now it's happening more often, actually I have a video of this while it was happening. It is going to the dealer next Tuesday (a week from today), looking for suggestions. So when this happens it only effects the navigation, I can switch to any other screen and they work fine. It was only happening on a startup, but today it was working fine then just went black while I was driving. I came out several hours later and it worked fine. I bought the car a few months ago checked the vehicle history and it was only in for recalls, it is almost out of warranty so I am a little worried about it not being fixed. I read a few posts but no one every comments what, if anything, fixed their problem.
This is certainly not what we like to hear. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your XTS. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: GGloede/Cadillac Forumin the subject line. Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is certainly not what we like to hear. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your XTS. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: GGloede/Cadillac Forumin the subject line. Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.
An email has been sent. Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Contrary what Cadillac says here, the dealer keeps telling me there is NO fix at this time. I followed the instructions the dealer provided; no nav showing, go to settings and access running applications. Access running applications and search of Navigation. Hit "Stop" and ignor the warning. Return to the main menu and access Nav. It should start up and run fine until the next time it chooses to quit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contrary what Cadillac says here, the dealer keeps telling me there is NO fix at this time. I followed the instructions the dealer provided; no nav showing, go to settings and access running applications. Access running applications and search of Navigation. Hit "Stop" and ignor the warning. Return to the main menu and access Nav. It should start up and run fine until the next time it chooses to quit.
Thank you for your response, that is exactly what the Cadillac dealer told me. I am supposed to pick the car up tomorrow and needless to say I am not happy. I am going to ask if they are going to extend the warranty until the is addressed. The car is almost out of warranty, wonder if there is a class action lawsuit. This is absolutely ridiculous!

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
424 Posts
There's always the lemon law. In Pa after 3 tries to fix something you can invoke the Lemon law and get a attorney involved and they buy back the car. If you are truly upset about this tell them they are out of chances and go see an attorney that specializes in Lemon law. Before the warranty runs out! Cause after it's on your dime.

Steve

PA's lemon law

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's always the lemon law. In Pa after 3 tries to fix something you can invoke the Lemon law and get a attorney involved and they buy back the car. If you are truly upset about this tell them they are out of chances and go see an attorney that specializes in Lemon law. Before the warranty runs out! Cause after it's on your dime.

Steve

PA's lemon law
Steve,
Thank you for the suggestion, yes we also have the lemon law. The problem is I really love the car and more importantly this was bought for my wife and she really loves the car. I am suppose to pick it up today, I will post the outcome.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
988 Posts
Steve,
Thank you for the suggestion, yes we also have the lemon law. The problem is I really love the car and more importantly this was bought for my wife and she really loves the car. I am suppose to pick it up today, I will post the outcome.
Someone is giving you some bad info. The CUE does have a few glitches, but I have yet to hear where the screen going blank while using the NAV to be an acceptable one. Try another Cadillac dealership and if you have not already done so contact Cadillac Executive Referral.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Someone is giving you some bad info. The CUE does have a few glitches, but I have yet to hear where the screen going blank while using the NAV to be an acceptable one. Try another Cadillac dealership and if you have not already done so contact Cadillac Executive Referral.
There is a bulletin that came out in July per the service manager. I am going to try to get a copy of it and post it on here. This sounds like they have had enough incidents that they released the bulletin.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
988 Posts
There is a bulletin that came out in July per the service manager. I am going to try to get a copy of it and post it on here. This sounds like they have had enough incidents that they released the bulletin.
It is amazing what car manufactures and dealerships are allowed to get away with:unsure:

·
Registered
2019 XTS4, 2018 XT5
40 Posts

what is more ridiculous is that the SD card in the console, the one right next to the usb port where you plug your car charger in, if you by accident disengage that card it shuts down the NAV according to my dealer. Has to be reset. My XTS has been in the shop for almost 2 weeks trying to fix the damn thing. The charger and NAV out exactly at the same time and they said they are not related. Said my non-apple power cord caused the problem.. Problem with this theory of theirs is that I have used that cable in my car for over two years, my wife has the same one in her XT5 for over 2 years with no issues. This is no cheap cable but not an apple product. So now we will see how long it works now. Last time it made it 1/2 day before the NAV went out again. Who in the world engineered an accessible device in a console that the consumer could mistakenly, very easily I may add, touch, and disable the NAV? STUPID Cadillac. I do nothing but brag about my Cads for years but this last set of episodes has been nothing short of ridiculous.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is a suggestion, it sounds like you loose pwr or it is deleting. When it happens again, back out of Nav and go to Settings, In Settings look and tap Running Applications. There you will find NAV and hit "Stop", I know it says may cause conflict but it doesn't. Exit back out to the main screen and hit NAV and your should be back in business.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,600 Posts
what is more ridiculous is that the SD card in the console, the one right next to the usb port where you plug your car charger in, if you by accident disengage that card it shuts down the NAV according to my dealer. Has to be reset. My XTS has been in the shop for almost 2 weeks trying to fix the damn thing. The charger and NAV out exactly at the same time and they said they are not related. Said my non-apple power cord caused the problem.. Problem with this theory of theirs is that I have used that cable in my car for over two years, my wife has the same one in her XT5 for over 2 years with no issues. This is no cheap cable but not an apple product. So now we will see how long it works now. Last time it made it 1/2 day before the NAV went out again. Who in the world engineered an accessible device in a console that the consumer could mistakenly, very easily I may add, touch, and disable the NAV? STUPID Cadillac. I do nothing but brag about my Cads for years but this last set of episodes has been nothing short of ridiculous.
I accidentally ejected the Nav SD card, and I just reinserted it making sure it was fully seated and Nav resumed. No 'reset' required - don't know what the Dealer is talking about there. Your issue I would bet has nothing to do with accidentally ejecting the SD card unless the port was somehow damaged. The manual states to use the power cord that came with your device...in your case the Apple one. You state having used the non-apple cord for two years without issue - maybe the cord is internally damaged. I would try another cord, or even better the Apple one.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Here is a suggestion, it sounds like you loose pwr or it is deleting. When it happens again, back out of Nav and go to Settings, In Settings look and tap Running Applications. There you will find NAV and hit "Stop", I know it says may cause conflict but it doesn't. Exit back out to the main screen and hit NAV and your should be back in business.
Mine has been black one time - would not upload (after the most recent update of CUE) - I used the TSB which is the same as above, but I had to shut down the car and restart to have Nav.

·
Registered
2018 XTS
13 Posts
My 2018 XTS Luxury, purchased new in Nov 2018 never did this. My car recieved an over the air update this summer (2020) and since then I’m seeing this happen about 40% of the time now. Nav is black, home screen shows audio on left and blue screen with a moving progress bar than just keeps going and going.. Just saw the suggestions to kill the app so will try, but it’s absolutely ridiculous that a $60k vehicle has issues like this.. I hope it’s a software fix as i really hate to have Cadillac take the whole console apart again ( first screen was defective from factory). I

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Mine has not did it since. It was just that one time. The update so far has fixed the intermittent issue of not recognizing my USB device. I don`t have an XM sub, and only one radio station saved which has not grayed out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm happy to report-temporarily-since the over air upgrade, our system has been working as designed. Sometimes a little slow in loading but we have had none of the prior problems nor a need to reboot the system. While it works now, my confidence is not at 100% that it will continue. Chevrolet did a bad move when moving to CUE for their nav systems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts