Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XT6 PREMIUM LUXURY
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found 3 on top of dash, 2 in front doors, 2 in back doors, where is the eight one?

Enlighten me please.

Thank you.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
GM has a number of hiding places....

in Yukons, Escalades, and Tahoe/Suburbans they have speakers (typically subwoofers) inside the center console, below the radio and shifter

in the CT6, if you have the Panaray sound system, some are in the headrest, and some are below the driver and front passengers feet, there is also a speaker on the back of the center console, where you'd typically find the rear ashtray/cigarette power port in most cars

in the gen2 SRX there was one right at the hinge of the fold down rear seatbacks...you had to lift the floor panel spare/storage lid all the way up to see it

GM also sometimes uses a round spare tire speaker insert for hatchbacks and SUV's ....they are also fond of placing speakers on the A pillars

·
Registered
2020 XT6 PREMIUM LUXURY
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your effort. I just went out and looked in all the places you mentioned and still cannot find the 8th speaker on my 2018 XT5. The radio sounds great but curiosity has me wondering if there are only 7 speakers and they just made a mistake saying there are 8.

·
Registered
XT5 Platinum Crystal White/Maple Sugar
33 Posts
Platinum is different, 14 not 8,...

Base trims get an 8-speaker Bose sound system with HD and satellite radio, four USB inputs, and Aux.
an upgraded, 14-speaker Bose sound system

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
Platinum is different, 14 not 8,...

Base trims get an 8-speaker Bose sound system with HD and satellite radio, four USB inputs, and Aux.
an upgraded, 14-speaker Bose sound system
JackJustice is looking for 8....he has a luxury...besides subwoofer is in the same location regardless of trim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts