Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe (Performance), 2017 XT5
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,
I have a 2018 AWD CTS Premium Luxury model. I have been experiencing hesitation problems. I experience it with from a stop or from a slow roll with a part throttle acceleration. It acts as though the engine is stalling for a half second. I’m aware of the problems that have plagued the GM 8 speed transmission. Every once in a while I get a hard 1-2 shift which seems more typical of the problems that some people have complained of however others (searching the Net) seem to have experienced the same hesitation problem that I have. Cadillac has flushed out the trans fluid as per recent TSB’s but after putting a thousand miles on the car after that it still hasn’t helped. I have read that GM has been replacing torque converters in some instances. The dealer doesn’t seem to want to replace the converter.

I have performed a search on the forum but can’t find much regarding the same problem. Have there been any others on the Forum that have had the transmission problem? it not just Cadillac. There is a long list of GM cars having problems with the 8 speed transmission.

·
Registered
2018 CTS Luxury 3.6 RWD
18 Posts
My 2018 CTS presented the problem multiple ways and I've had THREE different symptoms. . .
  1. Hesitation / slippage when accelerating (like it can't decide to downshift or just go)
  2. a "shudder" at highway speeds that presents like a cycling vibration
  3. an infrequent HARD shift from 1st to 2nd.
After around 800 miles since the latest TSB being completed (full flush with newest synthetic trans fluid) I make the following observations . . .
1 seems to be totally solved.
2 may or may not be totally fixed. I need to get my tires balanced and rotated before deciding
3 this has increased in frequency since the TSB, but is still so infrequent that I really don't have an issue with it and probably wouldn't think anything of it had I not read about others' issues

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe (Performance), 2017 XT5
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2018 CTS presented the problem multiple ways and I've had THREE different symptoms. . .
  1. Hesitation / slippage when accelerating (like it can't decide to downshift or just go)
  2. a "shudder" at highway speeds that presents like a cycling vibration
  3. an infrequent HARD shift from 1st to 2nd.
After around 800 miles since the latest TSB being completed (full flush with newest synthetic trans fluid) I make the following observations . . .
1 seems to be totally solved.
2 may or may not be totally fixed. I need to get my tires balanced and rotated before deciding
3 this has increased in frequency since the TSB, but is still so infrequent that I really don't have an issue with it and probably wouldn't think anything of it had I not read about others' issues
I contacted Cadillac and they have returned my call however we keep missing each other. I’m really disappointed with the performance of my CTS. It just doesn’t run like a Cadillac should. I sure hope that corporate will remedy my issue because I can’t keep the car with an acceleration hesitation such as I have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts