Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 GMC Yukon Denali with 86,000 miles I had it supercharged with a Magnusson I put a TSP 376CI forged short block a -216/228 .600/.600 116SA camshaft headers borla exhaust. I am looking to sell it for a 2018 Cadillac Escalade luxury with a whipple supercharger it has 40,000 miles, headers, Borla exhaust . I heard the 2018 was the best year for the Escalade. I have had people tell me different. I can’t find any complaints on the 2018 Escalade. I had a 2004 Escalade I put 120,000 miles before I sold it for the Yukon. I want to know what Escalade and Yukon owners who know these vehicles have to say . Thanks I have attached a parts list of what is in the Yukon. No issues with the Yukon barely broken in I just wanted a supercharged escalade and the opportunity presents itself.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Slope

·
Registered
19 ESV Premium &18 XT5 Premium
237 Posts
Most agree that '18+ are the better years since that's when they went to a 10SP tranny. Only extra item you get on '19-'20 is a lighted symbol that projects on to the ground showing you where to kick to open the tailgate. In 2020 they deleted a couple colors and having entertainment screens in the headrests (Platinum) were no longer offered.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,069 Posts
I have a 2018 Escalade Luxury w/ 65k miles and it never seen the dealer. The only thing I replaced was the center armrest for $200. I recommend getting a 2018-2020 and the above post says what the difference between the 2018-2020 is. The current Escalade has the 10 speed. The 2018 -2020 Escalade is way prettier than a 2010 Yukon. I had a 2016 Tahoe LT and it has issues with the suspension being tight and vibration.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
608 Posts
I have a 2017, and to be honest, I am fine with it. I guess I lucked out with the 8-speed.
The only issue is a nice knock at 14km/h now and again as it shifts.
Aside from that, the truck is amazing. Platinum Sport.

But yes, a 2018 is a no-brainer thanks to the new tranny.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If you were ever going to do a swap, this would be the way to go. Even my switch from 08 YXL Denali to 09 Esc ESV Plat was hugely noticeable. The little stuff like the coin holder by the light switch, double center console and glove box covered in “mouse fur” velour are awesome. The difference in headlight technology is undisputed.

You’ll gain access to the MyCadillac phone app for remote vehicle locate, lock/unlock & start. You’ll also escape the upcoming 100k service and the front suspension rebuild I’d do to refresh back to normal.

Both vehicles are selling at inflated prices and have exceptional appeal due to the blower installs. The Escalade even more so. The refinement in the Escalade test drive should be enough to move forward. Are both vehicles AWD?

Don’t forget the 15-20 Escalade still run all the guts for e85 compatibility when the harness wire and sensor is added to the motor after a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pull the trigger. The Escalade interior alone is a big upgrade over the Yukon that year. You definitely will be getting the 2nd best model year with the 18, the 19 is where the Escalade maxed out on features before they scaled back and moved on with the new 21 models. The 10 speed is a great transmission, no complaints from the majority of owners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you were ever going to do a swap, this would be the way to go. Even my switch from 08 YXL Denali to 09 Esc ESV Plat was hugely noticeable. The little stuff like the coin holder by the light switch, double center console and glove box covered in “mouse fur” velour are awesome. The difference in headlight technology is undisputed.

You’ll gain access to the MyCadillac phone app for remote vehicle locate, lock/unlock & start. You’ll also escape the upcoming 100k service and the front suspension rebuild I’d do to refresh back to normal.

Both vehicles are selling at inflated prices and have exceptional appeal due to the blower installs. The Escalade even more so. The refinement in the Escalade test drive should be enough to move forward. Are both vehicles AWD?

Don’t forget the 15-20 Escalade still run all the guts for e85 compatibility when the harness wire and sensor is added to the motor after a tune.

Yes, My denali and the escalade I am considering are both AWD This is the link to the escalade. https://www.heavymetalautomotivellc.com/details/used-2018-cadillac-escalade/84848279

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Definitely better built than bought (as a V Escalade). Surprised you posted a link unless the buyer is holding it for you.

That’s a Q ship!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts