Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this forum, any forum for that matter. I was not sure how to search....sorry

I Just got home with my 2017 XT5 and I can not locate the block heater cord, looked around the battery area and around front of XT5 and no luck, I assumed they all have block heaters in Canada, Any ideas where the plug in would be ? Do they all have block heaters ?

Thank you, Mike

·
Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,484 Posts
Not a guarantee. It's an option the dealer much check off when ordering even in Canada. According to the user manual the bundle of cord and plug is supposed to be just in front of the battery box.

Font Material property Parallel Paper Document

Mine is a 2021 and they've changed it to a receptacle behind a panel hidden in the lower grill w/ separate/loose cord. RV power connection style.

Max

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a guarantee. It's an option the dealer much check off when ordering even in Canada. According to the user manual the bundle of cord and plug is supposed to be just in front of the battery box.

View attachment 598352

Mine is a 2021 and they've changed it to a receptacle behind a panel hidden in the lower grill w/ separate/loose cord. RV power connection style.

Max
Thanks Max. You are correct, it does not have a block heater...Unreal, no spare and no block heater, how disappointing, can't assume that you get basics with luxury car.

·
Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,484 Posts
Would all depend on where the vehicle was originally ordered for. I highly doubt vehicles bought for Vancouver come with block heaters. Then if it gets moved or resold...

FYI the new Escalade 6.2L V8 doesn't come with a block heater and cannot even be ordered. Block heater only available for the optional 3.0L diesel. Go figure.

Maybe check with dealer if one can be added.

Max

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.