Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. First time post. Just bought a new 2017 Vsport. White with light cashmere interior.

Now onto blacking it out. Here is my plan and I welcome ideas and suggestions:

- Powder coat the 19" upgraded stock rims to black matte
- Powder coat the Brembo front calipers red
- E&G large mesh black ice grill (what about the chrome grill frame??)
- Black V spoiler to replace my factory one*

*I saw this in a random Google image. Is this even possible?

I am open to anything and welcome your suggestions or experience.

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
490 Posts
Re: 2017 V Spolier for Vsport

The “black” V spoiler is only Carbon Fiber and costs around $2k. There are knockoffs from China that recently showed up on eBay for $300 but they are out of stock for 2 months.

I couldn’t see your google image btw.

Your other options are the D3 spoiler but customer service has been weak with them and also the GM spoiler for he CTS which doesn’t go all the way across the trunk. For those, see www.gmpartsdirect.com and put in your car and click on the accessories tab.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
490 Posts

You will need to separate the flat or raised spoiler that is already attached to your third brake light. It’s 3M tape so a little heat and gentle prying will get it off. Then the CF spoiler mounts to that.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,468 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply. Turns out the pic I found (on this forum- http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-v-sport-appearance-mods/753794-anyone-thinking-about-adding-new-cts.html) was of exactly the spoiler you described.

I have 3 months- I'm in no rush. But my Vsport already has the white factory one. I hope this one can install over the factory to avoid fussing with the light.

View attachment 518202
I want that spoiler bad but it was just to much $. Then I saw the $300 one on ebay and saw it was out of stock. But I was afraid it would be crap. I was waiting for someone here to get one. Does anyone here have one?

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
490 Posts

I want that spoiler bad but it was just to much $. Then I saw the $300 one on ebay and saw it was out of stock. But I was afraid it would be crap. I was waiting for someone here to get one. Does anyone here have one?
A couple people on the Facebook groups have bought them. One was excellent the other had a lot of resin runs and messed up fibers. But he got a good discount to not return it and a body shop will correct it a bit.

I have a CF V Splitter from them and it had a few problems. Again I got a discount for these problems and picked it up directly at the warehouse so I knew what I was getting.

So order with confidence when they are back but remember, it’s $1200-2000 if it you want it perfect from Cadillac, but only $300 for 80-90% quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
You da man. I don't want things perfect anyway. I just didn't want junk. That splitter in my mind looks perfect. Carbon fiber always has imperfections anyway. But if somethi g is perfect it always seems to get messed up. So how much is one of those splitters? And thats for a v or a vsport to look like the v? I know they are different but close. Id make it work either way. Would you mind pming me where you got it and how much?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
That's going to look nice man. Just send me that one and well call it a day:sneaky:

·
Registered
19 Posts

A couple people on the Facebook groups have bought them. One was excellent the other had a lot of resin runs and messed up fibers. But he got a good discount to not return it and a body shop will correct it a bit.

I have a CF V Splitter from them and it had a few problems. Again I got a discount for these problems and picked it up directly at the warehouse so I knew what I was getting.

So order with confidence when they are back but remember, it’s $1200-2000 if it you want it perfect from Cadillac, but only $300 for 80-90% quality.

Do you have the eBay seller for your front air splitter, and was it simple to install or did you have to trim and sand tho make it fit the v sport?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
490 Posts
Do you have the eBay seller for your front air splitter, and was it simple to install or did you have to trim and sand tho make it fit the v sport?

Search “EOS front splitter CTS-V”

Currently out of CF That’s why they have the price set to a ridiculous number. They do have primered ABS versions too.

Trimming was required. It was just trim/fit x 15 until it looked right.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
340 Posts
They had ABS versions?

:O

I didn't know.. I would have gone ABS over carbon fiber cause I am going to paint it black anyways. Plus the added flex is nice.

In either case here is the carbon fiber version wrapped around the base model version.

:p

20180519_143353.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
God003,
Is it possible to get a side profile and a close up of how this splitter mates up to the body? Is there any gap once you fit it up? I am very interested in getting this, once it is available at a reasonable price but not at the $2500 price currently out there.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts