Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looked into this yet? Camera feed is up there somewhere, perhaps it's plug and play? Searching produced zilch.

·
Registered
2013 Stealth Blue CTS-V
65 Posts
I have not looked into it, but I would doubt it. Where is the camera? I strongly suspect it is NOT the camera that is used by the backup camera, too low to be a rear-view camera. The 2016 mostly likely does not have the hardware to support that particular upgrade.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
2017 CUE hardware is different than the 2016 and the wiring is all different too. From the research I have done and the people at GM I have spoken to, it can't be done.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2017 CUE hardware is different than the 2016 and the wiring is all different too. From the research I have done and the people at GM I have spoken to, it can't be done.
Well that's a bummer. It's not a necessity, just thought it was a cool feature. Also, I thought it does use the backup camera?

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
I think it can be. The camera takes a coax feed for the video. The pinout for the mirror between a '16 ATS-V and a '17 Escalade for the mirror is the same (i checked). So as long as you can power the rear camera and run the coax video feed to the mirror it shhould work.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
I think it can be. The camera takes a coax feed for the video. The pinout for the mirror between a '16 ATS-V and a '17 Escalade for the mirror is the same (i checked). So as long as you can power the rear camera and run the coax video feed to the mirror it shhould work.
doubtful....there is no Camera mirror for ATS at the moment, so i suspect your pinout comparison is with the base Escalade Mirror, which they share

Anyone looked into this yet? Camera feed is up there somewhere, perhaps it's plug and play? Searching produced zilch.
doubtful this is plug and play...on cars with the rear camera mirror option, the trunk mounted camera module is a dual camera unit (kind of like the iPhone 7plus) with one dedicated to the mirror and the other dedicated to backup camera and optional birdseye camera duties

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
doubtful....there is no Camera mirror for ATS at the moment, so i suspect your pinout comparison is with the base Escalade Mirror, which they share
The Escalade mirror as 2 connectors. One is the basic 16 pin connnector. The second one is the coaxial.

The only difference I can see in the 16 pin connector is that the ATS one has a couple pins for the OnStar soft buttons. So if the swap were to work, you'd lose the OnStar buttons.

Escalade:

ATS:

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
The Escalade mirror as 2 connectors. One is the basic 16 pin connnector. The second one is the coaxial.

The only difference I can see in the 16 pin connector is that the ATS one has a couple pins for the OnStar soft buttons. So if the swap were to work, you'd lose the OnStar buttons.

Escalade:

ATS:
with the onstar buttons moved to the roof, so now we have two big differences, wiring for Coax and wiring for onstar....i bet the car throws a fit when you try to run the car without the Onstar buttons....with incessant "Service Onstar" flashing on the DIC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts