Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2017 certified preowned 8 months ago and have been dealing with a long list of issues including my HUD.

My HUD display is blurry or double imaged depending on the viewing angle. If you slouch down there’s only one viewing angle that’s clear regardless of where you move the image. I’m tall and I just can’t get that low to see it from the clear viewing angle.
Dealer has replaced windshield (because it was leaking) and replaced the HUD projector and continue to have the same problem. They’re now telling me it’s normal to be that way. I just can’t accept the fact that a $104K vehicle when new could have a display that’s unusable like that. I also have a 2017 Escalade and it doesn’t matter what angle you look at the HUD it’s always crisp and in focus.
Anyone else here have any issues like this with their HUD’s?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
74 Posts
Maybe I'm having a brain fart but I seem to remember a setting in the menu for HUD angle? I assume you already made this adjustment?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes thanks. I’ve adjusted the angle to many different angles and it’s the same problem regardless of the angle. I’m thinking I may have a windshield problem.

I’m assuming this is a unique problem to my vehicle because I don’t see anyone else here complaining about it.
Just wondering, is your HUD in focus?

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
74 Posts
Thankfully, yes my HUD has been error free as was my experience with a few GM company cars (Escalades and a Yukon) a couple of years ago. You mentioned a windshield replacement due to a leaky window. Are you the original owner of the car and if so, has there ever been a front-end collision? If not, is there any collision damage in the vehicle history? I'm wondering if it's possible your dash is not aligned with your windshield due to some prior repair work?

Thx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are some interesting points you bring up. I am not the original owner and don’t have the benefit of knowing how it was when it was new. I bought it 8 months ago as a certified preowned vehicle with about 16,000 miles. Noticed a few issues when I was looking at it but since it was still under factory warranty I wasn’t concerned about getting it fixed. Clean CARFAX as well. Suppose damage may have possibly flown under the CARFAX radar. Have to take a closer look. It actually has shows some wear and tear indicative of being ridden hard so I guess anything is possible.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V
162 Posts
I just bought a new CTS-V in Germany and I have the same problem - the HUD is slightly out of focus and I am weighing up whether to bring it in to the dealership and getting it fixed knowing that it is probably a big job

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be something as simple as a focus adjustment that the dealers don’t know about. Not sure. I’m frustrated. Been trying to get in touch with a CTS V technical expert at GM and so far they have been unwilling to connect me.

·
Registered
2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V
162 Posts
If you connect please let me know because I have the same problem......and at 190 miles an hour I like to know how fast I am travelling without trying to focus on my windshield!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
584 Posts
My dealership installed a 3M Tint to the windshield and I'm convinced that the extra layer creates a "prism" effect that blurs the HUD. I'm tall so my viewing angle also plays a roll. I've noticed that if I hunch down to look directly thru the HUD - the projection looks much sharper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts