Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

My wife and I own a 2017 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum 2WD. Since roughly 15,00 miles we have experienced a serious concern where the vehicle will automatically adjust the Gas/Brake pedals all the way forward and will randomly cycle through sport mode/tour mode and cycle the traction control on and off. This does occur at start-up and while driving the vehicle. I feel this is extremely dangerous as it can lead to the loss of control of the vehicle.

Video 1 - Pedal Issue
Video 2 - Tour/Sport Mode
Video 3 - Modes Switch while Driving

The vehicle has been into the dealership three different times. They have replaced the 'switch' twice and this last time they claim the system/electronics were ok and they were unable to locate a cause.

Another couple of problems have also developed with the electronics in the vehicle where:
1) The rear hatch with close on its own without the remote or under-bumper sensor being triggered. The hatch has also opened on its own while in a shopping mall parking lot. [Dealer unable to locate a cause]
2) The main infotainment display has developed a large line down the middle of the screen. [Dealer replaced a module in the radio]

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Would you be willing to share your story/resolution? Would you pursue a lemon law claim if you had these issues with your vehicle?

One user suggested this problem may be in the wiring harness. Thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

12,821 Posts
All,

My wife and I own a 2017 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum 2WD. Since roughly 15,00 miles we have experienced a serious concern where the vehicle will automatically adjust the Gas/Brake pedals all the way forward and will randomly cycle through sport mode/tour mode and cycle the traction control on and off. This does occur at start-up and while driving the vehicle. I feel this is extremely dangerous as it can lead to the loss of control of the vehicle.

Video 1 - Pedal Issue

The vehicle has been into the dealership three different times. They have replaced the 'switch' twice and this last time they claim the system/electronics were ok and they were unable to locate a cause.

Another couple of problems have also developed with the electronics in the vehicle where:
1) The rear hatch with close on its own without the remote or under-bumper sensor being triggered. The hatch has also opened on its own while in a shopping mall parking lot. [Dealer unable to locate a cause]
2) The main infotainment display has developed a large line down the middle of the screen. [Dealer replaced a module in the radio]

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Would you be willing to share your story/resolution? Would you pursue a lemon law claim if you had these issues with your vehicle?

This is certainly not what we like to hear. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your Escalade. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: cr318/Cadillac Forum in the subject line. Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

·
Registered
86 Posts
All,

Video 1 - Pedal Issue

I currently have a lemon law claim on my 2016 ESV with 46k miles. I haven’t had this issue, but a ton of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is certainly not what we like to hear. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your Escalade. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: cr318/Cadillac Forum in the subject line. Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.
I provided all the information you requested via email. There are at least two GM cases already on this vehicle -- Look forward to hearing back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cadillac Customer Service - Did not receive a response/reply. Called the Cadillac customer service number to follow-up on my case and across multiple days/times the phone hangs-up when "transferring" after following the prompts. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts