Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
'18 Escalade ESV Platinum
172 Posts
Hey Mark, I'm sure you've already checked this, but just thought I would ask. The hands free lift gate can be turned off in settings. Possibly the previous owner or the dealership could have possibly turned it off?

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey Mark, I'm sure you've already checked this, but just thought I would ask. The hands free lift gate can be turned off in settings. Possibly the previous owner or the dealership could have possibly turned it off?
No, I didn’t know there was a setting in CUE for the lift gate? Where would that setting be and I will check that. When I bought it there were a lot of common settings that the normal person would have on turned off that I did turn on. So it just might be turned off? Just have never seen one for lift gate. Thanks wvinson!

·
Registered
'18 Escalade ESV Platinum
172 Posts
Ok -- thought it could be a possibility. Either it's only on the platinum's or they added the feature for '18 and above. On mine you can turn it off or on to close or on to open.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
393 Posts
2018>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes Sir, it is on full height to open and my remote does open it.
Sorry I didn’t post these pics sooner. I had to snag a pic from the Denali because the wife had the ESV. It is pretty much the same because I double checked the PN’s on the GM part site and they match up. The pic was taken under the vehicle behind the bumper and below the hitch.

The ESV has 2 sensors at this location PN 23349768 (sensor 1) and PN 23342241 (sensor 2) both #5 on the diagram. The components are on the “Body, Lock and Hardware” section.

This is the sensor on the bottom; round black with tag on it.

This is the connection point to the right of the sensors

The link to the parts diagram.

Lock & Hardware for 2017 Cadillac Escalade ESV | GMPartsDirect.com

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sorry I didn’t post these pics sooner. I had to snag a pic from the Denali because the wife had the ESV. It is pretty much the same because I double checked the PN’s on the GM part site and they match up. The pic was taken under the vehicle behind the bumper and below the hitch.

The ESV has 2 sensors at this location PN 23349768 (sensor 1) and PN 23342241 (sensor 2) both #5 on the diagram. The components are on the “Body, Lock and Hardware” section.

View attachment 595035 This is the sensor on the bottom; round black with tag on it.
View attachment 595036

I hope this helps.
Thank you Sir! Now that the snow has all melted here in OKC, and this time last week it was well below freezing (today 02/23/21 it is sunny and 65 degrees) hen I get home from work and change I will jump under neither my ride in the garage and check this out. Thank you DIY_Engineer!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you Sir! Now that the snow has all melted here in OKC, and this time last week it was well below freezing (today 02/23/21 it is sunny and 65 degrees) hen I get home from work and change I will jump under neither my ride in the garage and check this out. Thank you DIY_Engineer!!
Wow that’s a scorcher. Here in NY is just broke 38F. There should be 2 sensors. One will be on the bottom like in the pic and another parallel above it. Any way I can help is helpful because I have been helped by others here.

·
Registered
7 Posts

View attachment 595035 This is the sensor on the bottom; round black with tag on it.
View attachment 595036

I hope this helps.
Thanks for that info and pics. Mine 15i has not worked since I got 4 years ago. The dealer said the sensors were tampered with and would not repair it. The hatch does close at times while loading stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for that info and pics. Mine 15i has not worked since I got 4 years ago. The dealer said the sensors were tampered with and would not repair it. The hatch does close at times while loading stuff.
That’s weird that the dealer won’t fix something that is broken. Especially if you’re going to pay them for their services. I’d go to another dealership because there definitely is competition between dealers to maintain customers in my area. I’ve gone to different dealers and received different levels of service. It’s really not that difficult to unplug both sensors and verify if the connectors are bad. It may even be the module or the sensors themselves.

But my handsfree functionality with the lift gate was nonfunctional. With this function it’s best to have and not need, then it is to need and not have function. It sounds like yours works but just intermittent while loading things. It may be a bad sensor, connector or even a connection. You may need to just unplug it and plug it back in. I know pics are priceless when trying to figure things out.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts