Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

What trim level does the hands free power lift gate come on? I have a 2017 Luxury and I don’t think I have it after a ton of attempts to operate it? I had a 2017 CT6 3.0TT Luxury and it had it on it? Just curious, I don’t think mine has had but wanted to see what trim level it started on? The Premium Luxury I am going to guess? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's standard on all of them.
Well, I have watched video on how to operate it and have slowly kicked up under the hitch cover and nothing, my girlfriend tried it as well and nothing? I looked under there and see nothing as a sensor or anything that would detect movement to open it? If it’s on all trim levels what am I doing wrong? Could it be turned off or something in setting on my CUE? I appreciate the quick response wvinson!!

·
Registered
'18 Escalade ESV Platinum
171 Posts
key fob button, button inside on overhead console, button on inside of handle below license plate, kick swiftly under bumper under second parking sensor from the left on the bumper standing behind it - must have key for in pocket.

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I will try it again. I bought it at a Cadillac dealer I buy all my Cadillacs from and it was a 1 owner with a tad over 36K on it in mint condition. I just can’t see it not working? Yes, I know about having the key fob in my pocket, handle etc. I am just wondering if it is something in setting turned off or something? It’s just frustrating when I am leaving the grocery store with my hands full dicking around with trying to get my fob out of my pocket and or set things down to grab the handle. I promise you, I am not a moron and pretty sharp at following directions but for the life of me I can’t get the damn thing to work? Thanks again for your quick response.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It took some practice for me but once i just used that same location under the 2nd parking sensor, it works every time. slowly didn't work for me -- I do it swiftly. I don't believe there's any setting to turn it off or on.

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are fixing to head out to grab something to eat so I will try it under that second sensor you speak of. I will follow up on what I find out. Thank you again wvinson for your quick help!

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a spare tire under there, and don’t see anything that resembles a sensor? Anyway you could take a pic of what I should be looking for? Sorry to be such a pain.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't think it's visible just by looking -- I've never seen anything -- probably behind the bumper cover. I just know with our previous escalade, I would kick under the center and never could get it to work and then I started kicking under that second sensor and it worked every time. Sorry to say, you'll probably have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV Premium
233 Posts
I wish it didn't work. The tailgate wants to close when I'm loading something into the back. That is the real pain. There shod be an option to turn that feature off.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not calling you a moron, but there is a 2 second delay after you kick underneath once -- I guess so you can get out of the way. Maybe if you're trying it again for that 2 seconds, it may no operate? Just guessing

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem on my 17 platinum. Brought it to dealer and they found out connector was corroded and not making contact. They replaced the connector and problem fixed. If you go under the rear bumper the sensors are visible on the inside of the bumper. They look like long “sticks” one on the top the other on the bottom running parallel (about a foot long each). Connections are on the right hand side (block of connectors) if you are looking up at sensors. I’ll see if I can get a pic.

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the same problem on my 17 platinum. Brought it to dealer and they found out connector was corroded and not making contact. They replaced the connector and problem fixed. If you go under the rear bumper the sensors are visible on the inside of the bumper. They look like long “sticks” one on the top the other on the bottom running parallel (about a foot long each). Connections are on the right hand side (block of connectors) if you are looking up at sensors. I’ll see if I can get a pic.
That would be great if you could! I will most certainly climb underneath and give it a look. Thank you Sir!!

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
377 Posts
Did you check the rocker switch in the overhead console? One side of switch turns off the hatch completely off and pressing it on the other side of the rocker is for both opening and closing it.

If your remote opens it, the switch is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Luxury AWD
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you check the rocker switch in the overhead console? One side of switch turns off the hatch completely off and pressing it on the other side of the rocker is for both opening and closing it.

If your remote opens it, the switch is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes Sir, it is on full height to open and my remote does open it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts