Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 54k I bought my 2017 CT6 from a local Volvo dealer here in the ATL. My first mistake was just test driving on side streets near the dealership; did not go on the highway to fully test drive the car. So after buying; I noticed a shudder, vibration above 50mph. Was much concerned to come to this forums and see what others are experiencing. Yes a few owners did experience this issue plus the harsh sifting in slow speeds. Some suggested to drive in sport mode, and yes that did help a little with the vibration and shudder.
Now 83k(After manufacturer warranty expired) later a few days ago the vibration, and shudder suddenly became worse.
Local cadillac dealers claims it is an issue with my torgue converter, and the trans needs to be flushed 4 times, extended warranty does not cover because it a fluid exchange nothing broken, bill for this trans flush $800+.
Please, has anybody experienced this before, and did the trans flush/exchange solve the issue? I was warned about these cadillacs and didn't listen; cannot sleep.

·
Registered
6 Posts
At 54k I bought my 2017 CT6 from a local Volvo dealer here in the ATL. My first mistake was just test driving on side streets near the dealership; did not go on the highway to fully test drive the car. So after buying; I noticed a shudder, vibration above 50mph. Was much concerned to come to this forums and see what others are experiencing. Yes a few owners did experience this issue plus the harsh sifting in slow speeds. Some suggested to drive in sport mode, and yes that did help a little with the vibration and shudder.
Now 83k(After manufacturer warranty expired) later a few days ago the vibration, and shudder suddenly became worse.
Local cadillac dealers claims it is an issue with my torgue converter, and the trans needs to be flushed 4 times, extended warranty does not cover because it a fluid exchange nothing broken, bill for this trans flush $800+.
Please, has anybody experienced this before, and did the trans flush/exchange solve the issue? I was warned about these cadillacs and didn't listen; cannot sleep.

I am sorry you are having trouble. I feel like a broken record on this forum post.
I dont understand why cadillac isnt doing anything about the horrible transmissions on these cars.

My car has 6k miles and has a vibration and shudder when I am stopped at lights. It feels like your in a big pick up truck or something its rumbling so bad. The automatic start stop feature only works like 30% of the time.

I am taking my car in for an oil change again this week so im going to nag them about these problems. Ill keep everyone posted.

Sorry about your car.

Ive read about others going against dealerships with the “lemon law” and winning!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry you are having trouble. I feel like a broken record on this forum post.
I dont understand why cadillac isnt doing anything about the horrible transmissions on these cars.

My car has 6k miles and has a vibration and shudder when I am stopped at lights. It feels like your in a big pick up truck or something its rumbling so bad. The automatic start stop feature only works like 30% of the time.

I am taking my car in for an oil change again this week so im going to nag them about these problems. Ill keep everyone posted.

Sorry about your car.

Ive read about others going against dealerships with the “lemon law” and winning!
Brethren, thanks for the concern. How do i go about this lemon law thing? Greetings.

·
Registered
88 Sedan Deville, 89 Eldorado, 11 SRX, 18 CT6
130 Posts
For the record- posting the same thing on several different threads on a forum in your first 50 min is a great way to get yourself booted from a forum. It's spamming, and it's rude.

I was going to post the relevant TSB for the triple flush, where someone nice enough on this thread brought up that GM is no longer requiring GM dealerships to show the shudder but perform the triple flush ONE time per vin, under the existing TSB that was created earlier this year.... but your spamming of our forums has made me think had you read the threads you were posting in, your answer is already in front of you.

the TSB is #18-NA-355 and there's a revised torque converter for the ct6
there is NO such thing as a no lemon law on a USED car. you also added 29k miles but don't say how long you've owned the car. good luck, hopefully that TSB info helps you get the GM dealership to do the triple flush with the CORRECT ATF fluid - you could also go the non-dealer route and have another shop flush it and refill using Royal Purple (another member here did that very early on, before GM even figured the issue out)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about this spam thing. New here, dont use forums much hence ignorant of the rules. Again I apologize. I have had the car for about 6 months only - nature of my work hence the mileage.

For the record- posting the same thing on several different threads on a forum in your first 50 min is a great way to get yourself booted from a forum. It's spamming, and it's rude.

I was going to post the relevant TSB for the triple flush, where someone nice enough on this thread brought up that GM is no longer requiring GM dealerships to show the shudder but perform the triple flush ONE time per vin, under the existing TSB that was created earlier this year.... but your spamming of our forums has made me think had you read the threads you were posting in, your answer is already in front of you.

the TSB is #18-NA-355 and there's a revised torque converter for the ct6
there is NO such thing as a no lemon law on a USED car. you also added 29k miles but don't say how long you've owned the car. good luck, hopefully that TSB info helps you get the GM dealership to do the triple flush with the CORRECT ATF fluid - you could also go the non-dealer route and have another shop flush it and refill using Royal Purple (another member here did that very early on, before GM even figured the issue out)
Thank you; sorry about the spam thing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Someone on the Corvette Forum suggested that GM tests new cars for 300,000 miles (in response the predicted reliability of the new C8). I laugh at that. I told them there is no way GM tested the CT6 for that long. If they did they got to 300,000 miles and said "screw It, we have to sell some of these damned things". (CT6 owner and unofficial Cadillac test dummy).

At least I helped them fix known issues while mine was under warranty. Now at almost 50,000 it is basically like It should have been new. This Wednesday I get my last free oil change.... lemonade.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts