Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

The time has come to replace my tires on my 17' CT6, the dealership has recommended the Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons, does anyone have "real world" experience with this set of tire?

Thanks!

·
Registered
03 EXT Sold / 11 CTS V Coupe sold / 15 CTS Vsport sold / 16 CT6 TT
221 Posts
Those tires are good, but for the last several performance cars I've had, I choose the Coninental DWS06. They are quiet they grip well and they have great all weather traction.

·
Registered
2018 CTS Luxury AWD
30 Posts
I have the Pilot Sport AS/3 on my CTS and they are very good tire. Ride much better than the Pirellis that were original to the car

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can can chime in here. On my 16 cts I replaced the factory pirellis with the Michelin as3’s. Both run flats obviously. The as3 is definitely quieter and have a smoother ride but definitely at the expense of handling performance which no one in these forums said anything about. All I read was praise about those tires no a word that they don’t handle nearly as well as the factory pirellis did. I was disappointed to say the least. I really felt the difference coming and going on and off ramps. More lean and body roll since the as3’s don’t have as stuff of a side wall as the factory tires did.

So that leads to me the ct6. I will need tires soon as well for my 16 plat ct6. The factory tires are 20” good year eagle touring. I feel they give the car a very nice balance between ride and handling and I can see where the engineers were going deciding on that tire for this car and trim. So I will more than likely stick with those same tires as replacements. I do not want to hear new “better” tires and be upset that I gave up handling again. The factory tires are very good at what they are setting out to do imo. The engineers knew what they were doing. Why mess with that? I don’t want that luxo barge feeling. No offense but if I wanted my car to ride and handle like an xts I would have bought that and saved allot of money as well. I like the way the cts feels as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
I can can chime in here. On my 16 cts I replaced the factory pirellis with the Michelin as3’s. Both run flats obviously. The as3 is definitely quieter and have a smoother ride but definitely at the expense of handling performance which no one in these forums said anything about. All I read was praise about those tires no a word that they don’t handle nearly as well as the factory pirellis did. I was disappointed to say the least. I really felt the difference coming and going on and off ramps. More lean and body roll since the as3’s don’t have as stuff of a side wall as the factory tires did.

So that leads to me the ct6. I will need tires soon as well for my 16 plat ct6. The factory tires are 20” good year eagle touring. I feel they give the car a very nice balance between ride and handling and I can see where the engineers were going deciding on that tire for this car and trim. So I will more than likely stick with those same tires as replacements. I do not want to hear new “better” tires and be upset that I gave up handling again. The factory tires are very good at what they are setting out to do imo. The engineers knew what they were doing. Why mess with that? I don’t want that luxo barge feeling. No offense but if I wanted my car to ride and handle like an xts I would have bought that and saved allot of money as well. I like the way the cts feels as is.

That is why I went with the Continentals DSW06.

I did this in the CTS Coming from the same pirellis. The DSW06 were not run flats so that gave them some advantage in performance.

They were quieter on the highway. They didn't dart around as much. They gripped the road better while i was swooshing around highway cloverleafs. They had much better wet traction too.

Now move on to the CT6, my car had about 50k with factory tires on it. My first upgrade was to put the continentals on her and im glad I did. Just like the CTS, the DWS06 improved the handling characteristics and drive quality of the CT6. The tires grip when I'm pushing this big car around a turn and it is fun to drive.

Good luck with your decision

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
That is why I went with the Continentals DSW06.

I did this in the CTS Coming from the same pirellis. The DSW06 were not run flats so that gave them some advantage in performance.

They were quieter on the highway. They didn't dart around as much. They gripped the road better while i was swooshing around highway cloverleafs. They had much better wet traction too.

Now move on to the CT6, my car had about 50k with factory tires on it. My first upgrade was to put the continentals on her and im glad I did. Just like the CTS, the DWS06 improved the handling characteristics and drive quality of the CT6. The tires grip when I'm pushing this big car around a turn and it is fun to drive.

Good luck with your decision

So did you have the Goodyear eagle touring on your car from the factory? If not what was on the car originally? If I’m understanding you correctly you’re saying the dws Conti handle better than the factory tires did? My Goodyear’s sent ev’s either on the ct6. I don’t they used a rf on any trim level on the ct6. That was ats/cts.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So did you have the Goodyear eagle touring on your car from the factory? If not what was on the car originally? If I’m understanding you correctly you’re saying the dws Conti handle better than the factory tires did? My Goodyear’s sent ev’s either on the ct6. I don’t they used a rf on any trim level on the ct6. That was ats/cts.

I'm not sure what I had but they were worn with 50k. They were not RF and neither are the DSW06.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm not sure what I had but they were worn with 50k. They were not RF and neither are the DSW06.

Ahh I wish you knew because there’s no way for me to tell what you’re comparing the Conti to. I’m coming from the Goodyear’s

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm sure they were Goodyear oe tires. But remember they were 3 years old and had 50k miles.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm sure they were Goodyear oe tires. But remember they were 3 years old and had 50k miles.

I see. Well mine have approx 32000 miles on them. My car was originally from Florida which Burns up tires way wicker than here in the northeast. I will need a new set within 5k miles or so. I was going to stick with the oem good years but I would like to hear more about those Conti’s from others who have them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts