Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS 2.0T AWD. 2008 CTS retired
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
More goodies today, wiring in the ATS is nothing short of a horrific nightmare.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
12,428 Posts
Looks like you're putting your stamp on the new whip. (y)(y)

·
Registered
195 Posts
So is this airbox mod a well documented thing to do or do people just cut a few holes in them at random to feed more air flow?

If there are any Kawasaki EX500R owners here, then the "FOG airbox mod" comes to mind where a very specific size hole is used for calculated reasons.

Ty for the pics.

I'm heavily mod'd on a stock airbox with a K&N filter and ZZP intake tube... So pretty curious.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So is this airbox mod a well documented thing to do or do people just cut a few holes in them at random to feed more air flow?

If there are any Kawasaki EX500R owners here, then the "FOG airbox mod" comes to mind where a very specific size hole is used for calculated reasons.

Ty for the pics.

I'm heavily mod'd on a stock airbox with a K&N filter and ZZP intake tube... So pretty curious.
Airbox mod as far as im concerned is more sound than anything else as I havnt seen any documented flow. Only documented flow increase ive seen is silicone intake tube over stock. which i believe had the computer calling for 7% more fuel. I did mine for sound, along with dry filter, no name silicone tube for basically the same thing as a big $ "cold air intake" at less cost.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Airbox mod as far as im concerned is more sound than anything else as I havnt seen any documented flow. Only documented flow increase ive seen is silicone intake tube over stock. which i believe had the computer calling for 7% more fuel. I did mine for sound, along with dry filter, no name silicone tube for basically the same thing as a big $ "cold air intake" at less cost.
Figured as much.

I don't do Facebook, so had to know if I was missing something. Thank you.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Last of the under hood goodies added today. Have the ZZP downpipe and 3" mandrel exhaust to go. Building a lot of boost with the Turbosmart IWG-75, maybe a little too much lol.

·
Registered
2009 CTS Sedan 3.6L LY7/LFX Hybrid
252 Posts
Lookin' good Todd. (y)

If any of your old suspension parts will fit the CTS, I'll take 'em. :cool:

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood D'Elegance, 2001 Deville (gone), 2012 CTS4 Lux (gone), 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS4 Premium
18 Posts
The BC's look great, I hope to get mine in next week.
How's the ride ?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
953 Posts
Ooh them's is purty. I'd hardly call stock ATS height offroad though haha. My last car you could fit a baby in the wheel gap it had stock, the ATS doesn't have much there and in fact I was going to lower mine but have decided not to. I guess everyone has different opinions on wheel gap though. Anyway, looks great man!

Makes me want to paint my calipers
You still haven't done that? haha ;)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Last of the mods are done. Alignment and exhaust hangers are left alongside a few small jobs. Car has been retuned and now has a 3" mandrel bent exhaust going to a stainless Flowmaster 1 in, 2 out.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts