Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS 2.0T AWD. 2008 CTS retired
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, still pretty new to the ATS / LTG platform but I figured I'd create a thread with the performance and some visual mods I've completed and have been / will be working on.

Engine mods so far:

That will be it for performance, the tune is insane and with the catch can and intake work the car is more than quick enough. Everything else from here is just icing.

Exterior is going to be fairly tame on this car:

• Motegi 18x8 wheels
  • 35% tint all around
  • Aftermarket headlights (still looking)
  • Lower OEM fogs on a base model
  • Taillight tint
  • 1LE Camaro springs (1" or so lower than factory)
  • Clear side markers

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will need to powder coat them at some point but VHT rattle can paint and clear will work for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0 6-sp Premium
252 Posts
Motorsports style is dictated first and foremost by MotoGP (and to a lesser extent F1). This applies to cars as well, so if you really must change/accentuate the look of your Brembo brakes, you are better off going with the elegant yet racy colors that have been the standard in MotoGP for years now:

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
946 Posts
Car is looking good man, white car w/black wheels and red calipers really pops. I would have gone with red too but did blue since my other car's BBK is red. I also like that you got rid of the Cadillac script, I have gotten rid of it everywhere on my car except the rear bumper trim piece, the script is just too "old mannish" for me haha. Anyway nicely modded!

Only other thing I would suggest is a splitter kit from PR Splitters or KG Splitters, really adds a lot to the overall look of the ATS. Just a thought. :)

Tell me more about this Camaro spring upgrade...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the splitter kit you mean the front and side lower air dams right? I won’t have the spring specs until I have them shipped here, someone took a bunch of time to figure them out and out together an OEM kit. I will share the numbers once they arrive though.
Car is looking good man, white car w/black wheels and red calipers really pops. I would have gone with red too but did blue since my other car's BBK is red. I also like that you got rid of the Cadillac script, I have gotten rid of it everywhere on my car except the rear bumper trim piece, the script is just too "old mannish" for me haha. Anyway nicely modded!

Only other thing I would suggest is a splitter kit from PR Splitters or KG Splitters, really adds a lot to the overall look of the ATS. Just a thought. :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the splitters. KG doesn't offer shipping to Canada so they're out lol.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few more things off the list, ZZP intercooler and fog light upgrade. Was hoping to get the methanol pump in there but the intercooler is huge and takes up the space I needed lol.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
798 Posts
How did you wire the foglamps? On with headlamps? Separate switch?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you have to swap out the black plastic bit to do this? Nice job! I have been wanting to upgrade to fog lights and the premium headlights for the led sidestrip.

This guy did a video on it,

Best place for meth pump is near the windshield washer res or near the horns.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I trimmed the OEM pieces but it's really tricky. One is perfect, the other is okay lol. They want a fortune for the actual ATS OEM lower grille covers. They're OEM fogs and I just tapped in to the driver's side headlight as that's our DRL so they're powered all the time (which I prefer).

There's basically 4 options that you can combine:

1. Buy OEM fogs and crop off the pigtails, solder in direct
2. Buy aftermarket fogs which have the connectors built in and intercept at the headlight.
3. Buy the correct lower grille inserts
4. Cut the OEM lower grille inserts to match the shape of the fog

What I've noticed is that the aftermarket stuff is quite a bit whiter and brighter than the OEM so if you put an aftermarket LED light pipe headlight in, it might be brighter than the OEM fog. I'm leaning towards buying an aftermarket headlight set with the clearer lens projector and just the LED strip (no fancy flashbacks or anything). I think that I'll likely find the headlight LED is considerably brighter than the fog which I was saying so I have a plan there too (I'll open up the fogs and retrofit them with newer, brighter LEDs).

If you're considering cutting down the OEM lower grille inserts, I'd recommend finding a piece of black plastic to create a border between the fog and the insert. I tried to plastic weld the 2 pieces together but they wouldn't take. You could epoxy them together (or something like Q-bond) or if you have the tooling, the plastic welding gun that inserts the hot staples in to plastic. You can always fill any imperfections and spray the inserts with Mar-Hyde or similar plastic trim paint to cover your booboos lol.

Thanks for the info on the meth pump, I've seen quite a few folks use that area now and I just need to figure out how to tap in to the washer jug.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right in to the driver's side headlight harness. The headlights are our DRL on the non-HID cars so they're powered all of the time.
How did you wire the foglamps? On with headlamps? Separate switch?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll take a pic of mine. Basically you're removing material so that the box can breathe from the driver's side & bottom. It brings in more airflow and you can hear the turbo do its thing.

What's this cut airbox that you speak of?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cleaned up the hoses and routing to the catch can. Methanol install is coming next but the tuner is on vacation for now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can install the meth without a tune, just make your have it on a lower setting. It will help significantly with heat soak. How do you like the catch can? It's hard for me to justify that much money on a catch can when it could go towards other upgrades.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I wanted to get it installed at least for now so it's ready to go. The catch can is amazing stuff, the routing is key and the can is top notch as Tracy has the best shit in the biz.

I did buy the catch can used and saved a bunch. You should join the LTG project Facebook Groups & the ATS & ATS-V Facebook Groups groups on FB as there are always people selling their crap. Everything I bought has actually been used lol. The intake tube, K&N, catch can, ZZP DP, ZZP IC, mandrel bent exhaust and the meth kit I already had from a previous vehicle.

You can install the meth without a tune, just make your have it on a lower setting. It will help significantly with heat soak. How do you like the catch can? It's hard for me to justify that much money on a catch can when it could go towards other upgrades.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't have facebook, if you see these around used let me know. I was going to buy the oil fill breather and just fabricate my own catch can. I saw the diagram for the catch can routing and don't think it would be that difficult to build at a fraction of the price(othan than the oil fill breather).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts