Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum, 2018 CT6 Premium Luxury, 2007 DTS Performance, PAST: 2008 CTS Performance
202 Posts
Great job on the tutorial! I should have documented the process when I installed mine 2 years ago. We both routed the wires the exact same way.

Just have a notes tips from my install process:
  • If you have a dashcam with standby / parking mode, there are 2 circuits in the center console fuse panel that provide continuous and accessory (engine on) power.
    You can use micro fuse taps to access those circuits.
    F28 is continuous and is attached to one of the USB/wireless charging circuits.
    F20 is accessory and is used for the rear-seat entertainment screens.
    I picked those circuits to make sure the fuse taps didn't obstruct the relays. I attached the negative to the body (as you can see in the photo).
  • DO NOT REMOVE THE A-PILLAR TRIM ON A HOT DAY. The plastic is pretty soft and when I did, clip ripped off the trim panel. I was able to epoxy the clip back on the panel.
  • I used a dremel to cut a hole in the rear-view mirror trim cover to route the power and rear camera feeds.
    I think it looks pretty discreet I also purchased a spare trim piece in case I plan to sell the car. It was $12 or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,654 Posts
Found Rear video... Excellent Job. One recommendation is while the cover is off, mark the flip side with some tape at every location a clip exists so you can make sure you push them all back without missing any and know exactly where to push. I have a dual camera system, so I will snake the wire through the headliner.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Found Rear video... Excellent Job. One recommendation is while the cover is off, mark the flip side with some tape at every location a clip exists so you can make sure you push them all back without missing any and know exactly where to push. I have a dual camera system, so I will snake the wire through the headliner.

Now, why in God's name wouldn't you comment about that video in THAT THREAD???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts