Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,022 Posts
There's nothing in this thread about the ELR. If you have general automotive topics that you feel the need to share with your fellow Cadillac enthusiasts, post them in the Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion forum.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Actually I thought it sounded very interesting. I know GM has been working on fuel cell technology for passenger cars for sometime.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,715 Posts
GM has been working on hydrogen cells since the 1960s. In their Heritage museum, they have a Corvair van that ran on hydrogen.

Why invest in hydrogen?

Simple. It's virtually limitless. It's sustainable, it's everywhere, and in my opinion, it's the future. EVs don't solve the problem. They use coal-fired plants to charge batteries made of a non-renewable resource. That's putting the cart before the horse.

I normally hate Toyota, but I applaud them for having the balls to bring this to market. BMW also has tested hydrogen cars.

·
Registered
ELR
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a joke - this was posted on the ELR forum and had good response and interest and you move to the Community Lounge ? are you serious?

You guys need to look up the definition of an Open Forum, this is censorship to remove my post on my own thread as well - I happen to own an ELR and have every right to post my thoughts on the forum I frequent!

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
You have every right to do whatever the hell you feel like - as soon as you start your own forum. Until then, they's got rules here. We gotta follow them, or find a different forum. Of course, that "other forum" we seek out will ALSO have rules. You can always sit in the corner and talk to yourself. It works for my cousin that they don't let out of the attic.

·
Registered
ELR
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lighten up - its supposed to be an open forum to talk about electric cars - practically every thread ventures off and discusses other models and technology - would seem to me the moderators would appreciate the efforts of users to start threads to increase traffic and the enjoyment of expressing their views, but I guess i was wrong. Keep closing unwarranted threads and moving them around, have you looked at the stats lately?

Thanks

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Lighten up - its supposed to be an open forum to talk about electric cars - practically every thread ventures off and discusses other models and technology - would seem to me the moderators would appreciate the efforts of users to start threads to increase traffic and the enjoyment of expressing their views, but I guess i was wrong. Keep closing unwarranted threads and moving them around, have you looked at the stats lately?

Thanks
Lighten up? Try your own advice, hypocrite...

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Come on, give dude a break.

After spending the kind of coin an ELR goes for, he should be allowed to vent.

I loved you in your TV ad by the way!

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
thebigjimsho said:
For how ugly it looks, it better be free...
I saw one at the car show here this year. In a really weird way, I think it's really cool looking. The 2 cars I took the most pictures of are that and the Charger Hellcat.

.....Yes, I know I'm probably the only one who likes both cars.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,715 Posts
Just like my ex.

Hey, doors are neat, too.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
It's like when someone starts a thread but they don't like you. And when you post they get all mad and demand you get out of THEIR thread. I lol. And poast moar...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts