Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 SRX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
The night light of the yellow front turn signal bulb does not work. The bulb works with the blinker and emergency function. I changed the bulb with a Sylvania 7444 bulb but the night running light still does not work. Could it be the bulb socket? There are only two wires going to the socket, but the bulb has 2 functions (2 filaments). Any ideas?

·
Registered
2014 SRX4 Prem
333 Posts
Hello everyone.
The night light of the yellow front turn signal bulb does not work. The bulb works with the blinker and emergency function. I changed the bulb with a Sylvania 7444 bulb but the night running light still does not work. Could it be the bulb socket? There are only two wires going to the socket, but the bulb has 2 functions (2 filaments). Any ideas?
The DRL uses a 7443, a 7444 is for the turn signal.
Font Parallel Number

·
Registered
2016 SRX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I replace the bulb with the Sylvania 7444NA. But no luck. The blinker and emergency light filament works, but not the running light filament. Still open to ideas.

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
1,275 Posts
both sides? do the rear running lights work?

·
Registered
2016 SRX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's on the passenger side. It's fairly easy. Remove the hood compartment intake air filter unit. Then the headlight unit is accessible.

·
Registered
2016 SRX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to Autozone to purchase the Sylvania 7443 bulb but it is clear. The 7444 is the yellow bulb. I guess I'll have to replace the bulb socket unless you all have another possibility. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2014 SRX4 Prem
333 Posts
I went to Autozone to purchase the Sylvania 7443 bulb but it is clear. The 7444 is the yellow bulb. I guess I'll have to replace the bulb socket unless you all have another possibility. Thanks for the suggestion.
Where are you located? Country?

In USA all drl bulbs I know of are clear/white so not to be confused with the trun signal.

Are you saying yours are yellow?

·
Registered
2014 SRX4 Prem
333 Posts
Something is not adding up, because in the first post he said there were only two wires. That has to be the DRL
This dual function LED would have the same issue as a dual filament bulb, because the harness can't support it.
Shown is the DRL on the inside on my 14 Prem, you can see the LED turn signal is a separate bulb on the outside which needs the four wires.
Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

This is the DRL Led I am using. 2x 7443 7440 Backup Reverse 3020 SMD 6000K Xenon White 2800LM Led Bulbs Light | eBay It fits 7443 or 7440.

Arjum, what model SRX do you have? Does your headlight look like this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts