Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
srx
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cadillac SRX 2016. Recently within the last two months when I’m backing out the car Is now Suddenly grinding to a sudden shocking halt. It has that safety feature in it which I’m aware of. But there’s nobody close enough for this to go off. It just did it again today and there’s not even anybody near the vehicle. There was a person that ran across in front but they weren’t even near me. I checked out my dash cam later and I saw someone backing out slowly but they weren’t even near my vehicle behind me either. It does it randomly as well. He gives me a good shock because usually I’m in the middle of a conversation when it’s like the car takes over. I’ve had other times were nothing happened at all and people were near me.
Has anybody else had these issues. I’m afraid this is going to go off when I’m on the freeway or I’m driving a long road and somebody just happens to come to a stop to the right of me because of a stop sign!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a Cadillac SRX 2016. Recently within the last two months when I’m backing out the car Is now Suddenly grinding to a sudden shocking halt. It has that safety feature in it which I’m aware of. But there’s nobody close enough for this to go off. It just did it again today and there’s not even anybody near the vehicle. There was a person that ran across in front but they weren’t even near me. I checked out my dash cam later and I saw someone backing out slowly but they weren’t even near my vehicle behind me either. It does it randomly as well. He gives me a good shock because usually I’m in the middle of a conversation when it’s like the car takes over. I’ve had other times were nothing happened at all and people were near me.
Has anybody else had these issues. I’m afraid this is going to go off when I’m on the freeway or I’m driving a long road and somebody just happens to come to a stop to the right of me because of a stop sign!
Does it happen when you are going forward also?
I don’t Think I have the option so never had this happen...

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
817 Posts
Mine does that, now that I'm parking in the garage. I have to back out slowly, because, there is a thick line in the path of the driveway. I don't know how it can see that line, but, if you look at the reverse cam display, there is a flashing red triangle focused on that line. I back out slowly and don't let it turn red. As long as it is yellow, you're ok.

·
Registered
2013 SRX PERFORMANCE, ICE WHITE
573 Posts
"He gives me a good shock because usually I’m in the middle of a conversation when it’s like the car takes over "

Try giving more attention to driving and less to conversation and you may see the problem.

George

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
907 Posts
My backup braking has saved me twice as I was not paying attention as much as I should have, with others in the car. Backing up a little too quick into parking spot against fence. Triggered and stopped immediately with vibration seat too. Scared the crap out of all of us. But grateful it happened.

I've also had it trigger a handful of times when backing out of my garage and the camera saw either the edge of driveway concrete where it changes to stone at the side, or a mark on the driveway and it thought those were obstacles I was going to hit. If you go just a little slower, it will flash the red triangle warning and vibrate seat, but won't trigger braking. Go too fast and it thinks you're not in control or will be unable to react soon enough to the warning-only. The auto rear braking system is only active above 8kph (5mph). Go slower and it won't trigger braking, only warn via seat vibration or beeps.

I've never had it auto brake going forward though. Just HeadsUp warning flashes typical of "hey, person stopping fast in front of you - pay attention!"

FYI the backwards emergency auto-braking is turned off if you turn off the parking sensors (the button near shifter, P with radar lines & a triangle symbol).

The forwards collision emergency auto-braking can be controlled in CUE. Can set to WARNING, WARNING WITH BRAKES, or OFF. The threshold for forward warning flashes is controlled by the same button used for the distance setting on the adaptive cruise on steering wheel. NEAR, MIDDLE, FAR. Far gives earlier/more frequent warnings. NEAR gives warnings once much closer/less frequent.

Max

1 - 7 of 7 Posts