Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 has a tendency to jerk violently (feels like getting hit from behind) at random while in stop n go traffic or sitting at a stop light. Has anyone experienced this before? I asked the dealer and was advised that there was an issue with the 2015 Escalade doing this but Cadillac fixed it with the release of the 2016 or 2017 model per the service advisor.

Dealer check: nothing could be found when they checked the transmission...there weren't any fault codes, unsure of next steps?
Any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,
Alicia_2016SRX

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
215 Posts
This is common among slightly older models and many have complained about it here. Our 14 does it but I wouldn't call it violent. Seems more like an upshift while decelerating at very low speeds. Doesn't bother us though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is common among slightly older models and many have complained about it here. Our 14 does it but I wouldn't call it violent. Seems more like an upshift while decelerating at very low speeds. Doesn't bother us though.
Thanks, yeah this one is more noticeable as I stated I literally thought I had been rear ended. Appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
345 Posts
Mine got pretty violent at low speeds, from time to time, before I had the TCM replaced. The technician never got it to act up for him, but, since I'm a service advisor and I had the information from this forum, I had him do it anyway and it's fine now.

What we did before that was to have the TCM re-flashed first. That improved it for a while, but, eventually got worse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine got pretty violent at low speeds, from time to time, before I had the TCM replaced. The technician never got it to act up for him, but, since I'm a service advisor and I had the information from this forum, I had him do it anyway and it's fine now.

What we did before that was to have the TCM re-flashed first. That improved it for a while, but, eventually got worse.
Thanks @WILLY92 I'm not sure what the TCM is but I'll definitely share this with my service advisor, I have a CPO warranty (bumper to bumper) is this something that would be covered in most cases...do you know? The car had 17K when purchased and I noticed this a little before 30K.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
345 Posts
Transmission Control Module.

Do a search, the repair is outlined in one of these threads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Transmission Control Module.

Do a search, the repair is outlined in one of these threads.
found the article / bulletin that supports the issue...if anyone else is having this problem please reference this bulletin:
#16-NA-019: Information on Transmission Adaptive Functions and Correcting Low Mileage Harsh Shifts, Slips, or Flares - (Jan 25, 2016)
Subject: Information on Transmission Adaptive Functions and Correcting Low Mileage Harsh Shifts, Slips, or Flares

Calling my dealership now. Thanks @WILLY92

1 - 8 of 8 Posts