Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Platinum black ice
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2012 ESV Platinum and am looking to buy a CPO 2016 Platinum ESV. Anything i should look for? Also was wondering ... the truck has a 2nd row bench seat, the dealer is claiming they can swap the bench for buckets. Is that possible? And is there a difference between the leather seats in a platinum and a luxury or premium. in my '12 there are differences between platinum and the other models in the seats. The dealer said as long as its the same color and an ESV, they can take the buckets out of a luxury or premium and put them into the Platinum.
Thank you

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
The platinum has massaging front seats. The leather is semi-aniline which is highest grade, except (arguably) for the Kona leather.

Yes they can swap out the second row, it’s very easy. I’ve been looking for second row Kona bench seats forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
8 Posts
The platinum has massaging front seats. The leather is semi-aniline which is highest grade, except (arguably) for the Kona leather.

Yes they can swap out the second row, it’s very easy. I’ve been looking for second row Kona bench seats forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you disconnect the plug in on the outside of the bench seat? I assume it is for heated seats. I'm changing out a bench 2nd row to captains chairs in my 2015 Escalade but can't disconnect.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can't swap seats from a base or luxury to a platinum. They use different leather in the platinum (allegedly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts