Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been visiting this site for years but this is my first post. I was lucky enough to have a father that did all his own repairs and taught me the skills that allow me to usually do just about any repair...eventually. This one has me frustrated. I am down to the point where I have removed all but the aluminum frame and dash plastic structure. I had assumed that in order to get the blower housing out, I have to remove the aluminum frame (since it runs under the bottom of the blower motor frame). For the life of me, I can't get the blower housing to move despite removing several screws including the one through the firewall. HELP! Does anyone have SM pictures of the housing removal? My manual shows the 2nd generation CTS panel so that doesn't help. I've been at this for over a week. BTW, I did get the blend door actuator free but now I can't get it out; no room. I'm sure I've said it before, but this is one of the worst repair jobs ever!

And thanks to all for helping me fix my 2008 Escalade over the years. You folks are a great resource.

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
254 Posts
Have not done this in a CTS but there is usually more than one screw thru the firewall. Usually 3 to 4. Best wishes.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,790 Posts
  1. Preliminary Procedures Blower Motor Replacement
  2. Remove the right side front floor air outlet duct. Refer to Floor Front Air Outlet Duct Replacement - Right Side.
  3. Remove the passenger side inflatable restraint instrument panel lower module assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel Lower Airbag Replacement - Passenger Side.
  4. Remove the harness retaining screw form the blower motor and reposition the wiring harness out of the way.
I don't know what you are doing but if you have a library card just go online and download the Chilton manual.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts