Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 escalade ext
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Escalade with 32k miles bought from the insurance auction... Everything powers up just like it’s supposed to and everything works but when u push the start button to crank it does nothing no sound or anything screen just goes black... Any idea I bought new pcm and had it flashed and it changed nothing... Any help would be hugely appreciated

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
60 Posts
I know it may be obvious but.....have you had the battery or alternator tested?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Escalade with 32k miles bought from the insurance auction... Everything powers up just like it’s supposed to and everything works but when u push the start button to crank it does nothing no sound or anything screen just goes black... Any idea I bought new pcm and had it flashed and it changed nothing... Any help would be hugely appreciated
Following this as I just had a 2015 Escalade show no signs of fault or anything and went into a restaurant grabbed lunch and came back out to start the car and it would not start. Screen came on and everything works but it would not start. Had it towed to the dealership and they showed low voltage on the battery but charged it up and the battery and charging system both came back good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Battery go to the dealership it’s under warranty have them give you a new one

·
Registered
2016 Emerald Green Cadillac Escalade ESV
17 Posts
CSIMME01
told me about service bulletin #18-NA-161, which Is for positive and/or negative battery cables. Apparently, the cables at the battery will get weak, and not provide enough ohms causing this. I had both of mine replaced at the dealer, and it fixed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts