Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
338 Posts
I'm sure the 2016 will be virtually untouched. It is obvious that this model is on the way out, and Cadillac will not be investing money in any changes. Much like the DTS was left to wither in it's last few years. The new crest without the wreath is controversial. Look ok on an Escalade's big grill, but, in my opinion, it's too big on the CT6 and looks cartoonish. But then I'm old school and still miss the merlettes, ha

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
I'm sure the 2016 will be virtually untouched. It is obvious that this model is on the way out, and Cadillac will not be investing money in any changes. Much like the DTS was left to wither in it's last few years. The new crest without the wreath is controversial. Look ok on an Escalade's big grill, but, in my opinion, it's too big on the CT6 and looks cartoonish. But then I'm old school and still miss the merlettes, ha
I feel the same way Rick. I'm just savoring these last few years with the "old" design...Lol. In other words, the new emblem will not stop me from buying another Caddy but I'm allowed to hate it!

·
Registered
NONE
11 Posts
In the past, some years like in 1970 dropped the wreath and "v", only to bring it back in about a year. I hope that will be the case now. :confused:

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
996 Posts
The 2016 Cadillac XTS will have the new emblem ("crest only" style). It's mentioned under "New for 2016" on the GM Online Order & Reference Guide. Here is a link, but you will have to select the XTS model (or whatever Cadillac model) from the drop-down on the upper right of the screen--also mentions new colors and trim:

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2016&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=17463&type=0

In other interviews, Johan DeNyschen (sp?) mentions that the XTS will survive a few more years to end its model life-cycle, and it will not be replaced. However, the CT6 should be a suitable replacement. Fortunately, sales are brisk for the XTS, and this should be telling Cadillac that there are many consumers who still relish the more traditional Cadillac ride quality!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw the new emblem on the grille of a 2016 XTS Platinum and was very disappointed. I'm not a fan of the new logo to begin with, but on the Platinum edition it looks like a decal stuck on a piece of plastic. For the adaptive cruise control to work, the emblem cannot be metal (at least the way Cadillac does it) because the radar has to see through it. My 2013 XTS has a good, classy solution. The emblem is plastic, but it appears to be three dimensional and actually looks good. My 2006 STS with adaptive cruise control also had a cheap looking emblem that looked like a decal. I was happy to see a big improvement for 2013, but now we are going backwards again.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
I saw the new emblem on the grille of a 2016 XTS Platinum and was very disappointed. I'm not a fan of the new logo to begin with, but on the Platinum edition it looks like a decal stuck on a piece of plastic. For the adaptive cruise control to work, the emblem cannot be metal (at least the way Cadillac does it) because the radar has to see through it. My 2013 XTS has a good, classy solution. The emblem is plastic, but it appears to be three dimensional and actually looks good. My 2006 STS with adaptive cruise control also had a cheap looking emblem that looked like a decal. I was happy to see a big improvement for 2013, but now we are going backwards again.
I saw it too and was extremely disappointed with how they incorporated it into the XTS. I wouldn't buy it but someone out there will like it.

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
173 Posts
I have one on order. Took a while to decide, since I really loved the exterior of my '13 Black Diamond Platinum. Sort of the last of the old Caddy design theme more closely related to the Sixteen look. I don't care for the new emblem, don't like the new black metallic paint that has been toned down, hate the chevy-like grille, and dislike the XTS emblem higher on the trunk. So, why did I jump? My '13 lacked several features tacked on in later years (power folding mirrors, Intellibeam, 22-way messaing seats), and most of all, a faster CUE and Apple Car Play. Oh, and of course, new 4-year warranty and maintenance. All reports indicate a Platinum CT6 will be over my budget, so this is the last opportunity to get a fully tricked out Caddy for a reasonable price. So, I went for it. Pics to come when it arrives. Oh, and the deal included $8,000 off the MSRP, and a reasonable trade. I'm good with it, although walking away from my gorgeous '13 was a sad moment . . .

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have one on order. Took a while to decide, since I really loved the exterior of my '13 Black Diamond Platinum. Sort of the last of the old Caddy design theme more closely related to the Sixteen look. I don't care for the new emblem, don't like the new black metallic paint that has been toned down, hate the chevy-like grille, and dislike the XTS emblem higher on the trunk. So, why did I jump? My '13 lacked several features tacked on in later years (power folding mirrors, Intellibeam, 22-way messaing seats), and most of all, a faster CUE and Apple Car Play. Oh, and of course, new 4-year warranty and maintenance. All reports indicate a Platinum CT6 will be over my budget, so this is the last opportunity to get a fully tricked out Caddy for a reasonable price. So, I went for it. Pics to come when it arrives. Oh, and the deal included $8,000 off the MSRP, and a reasonable trade. I'm good with it, although walking away from my gorgeous '13 was a sad moment . . .
Agree completely with you on the new grills. The previous ones were far more distinctive - especially the Platinum grill, which was spectacular. The V-Sport inspired grills on the 2016's
are nondescript in the extreme.

·
Registered
XTS VSport-550+ lb-ft of torque, ATS 2.0T AWD HPTuners tuned
2,695 Posts
I hope at least in person it doesn't have a black, glossy black box behind the emblem like Hyundai's do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts