Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2016 CTS-V order guide is online now.

Looks like two different wheel options, and pretty basic colors to start. No adaptive cruise, which is too bad. PDR and sunroof look like standalone options.

Colors listed:
Crystal White Tricoat
Red Obsession Tintcoat
Phantom Gray Metallic
Radiant Silver Metallic
Black Raven
Stellar Black Metallic

I'm curious what the options cost. I'd go for the luxury package, PDR, no sunroof, base seats, and whatever wheels look the best with phantom gray.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
I'm getting Crystal white/blk int. PDR, luxury package, carbon fiber package, alcantera steering wheel, midnight wheels, gold calipers....

·
Registered
2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"
1,290 Posts
I wonder why no adaptive cruise? It has the collision alert system which uses radar emitters/receivers in the front bumper, so it seems like all the hardware is already in place. And the CTS has adaptive cruise already, too.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
I think it was Motor Trend that said no ACC because the radar units would block airflow to the engine compartment and affect cooling.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I think it was Motor Trend that said no ACC because the radar units would block airflow to the engine compartment and affect cooling.
Not a deal breaker, but I have ACC on my current daily driver and it makes driving in daily traffic SO much easier. I don't drive my cars like I stole them, every day.....

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
I wonder why no adaptive cruise? It has the collision alert system which uses radar emitters/receivers in the front bumper, so it seems like all the hardware is already in place. And the CTS has adaptive cruise already, too.
adaptive cruise uses the radar in the grill

parking distance uses the ultrasonic sensors in the bumper cover

collision alert and lane assist uses the camera in the windsheild

3 tasks 3 different sensors...in CTS-V no Grill Radar, no Adaptive cruise

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you notice the curb weight of 4145lbs ?
Approx 150lbs more than the Vsport. Must be from the V8, extra radiators and fluids, and I'm guessing larger tires and wheels are probably 50 lbs of it.

Charger Hellcat || 4560lbs || 707hp || 6.45lbs/hp
BMW M5 || 4387lbs || 575hp || 7.63lbs/hp
Mercedes E63 AMG S sedan || 4431lbs || 577HP || 7.68lbs/hp
2016 CTS-V || 4145lbs || 640hp || 6.48lbs/hp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts